c. aeneus
c. aeneus albino
c. paleatus
c. paleatus lf albino
c. longpinnis
c. delphax
c. napeonsis
c. elegans

There are many more that I plan to get when money and space are available. :good:

I have at the moment:

4 panda cories
2 peppered cories who are a spawning pair
Tubby who is the female and Flash the male (cause when he sees her he's on her in a flash!!)
unfortunatly i have no pics at this time I'll try to get some soon
Gotta love those pandas though looks like a french circus in my tank with those guys always hopping around

i have 2 of these:
corydoras_species_c131_x.jpg

how do you sex them?

Last night I purchased 4 Juli Corydoras for my 55 gallon tank. I hope to eventually get a few more, but that was all they had at the time.

God Bless,
Joshua

Corys have fast become my favourites I think!

I have so far:

2 peppered (I did have 3 but one died :( we don't know why, other than he went downhill very fast)
2 punctatus (all they had)
8 habrosus (was 10 but one managed to get into the filter and not sure about the other)
4 pandas (was 3 until today when we went to the lfs and saw them selling 2 to a girl, leaving the last one on his own! So I had to rescue him :) )

I love my corys!

We have had one albino cory for a few weeks now :) We called him Armin. We went and got him a buddy today which we called Mr A. We are still trying to figure out how to tell the difference between the sexes. They are swimming around together and one has a bit of a belly on it and the other doesnt...they love the sand on the bottom of the tank. Its a simple set up. Just sand and plants and a tunnel.

This is Armin:

DSC00891.jpg

Any ideas on how to tell the diff between the sexes and general tips on food and feeding would be awesome :) Right now they get worms and pellets and rumage those off the sand when they drop.

Good day all.

Nice pics!

I just got back into fish keeping with a new 60 gal. last November after a long hiatus. I set it up as a community which included 3 corys of indeterminate type and which I hope you can help me identify. Here's what they look like:

img_1071.jpg

img_1078b.jpg

Yesterday as I was inspecting the tank I noticed some eggs on the glass and then later some more on some plant leaves. I moved them all to a 10 gal I had set up as a baby tank for my guppies and platties (please don't laugh too hard). I'm so excited as I never ever thought they would breed. Now, if I can just keep 'em alive...

Hi all,

Loads of stunning fish in this topic! I'm brand new here and am in process of setting up my very first(!!) tank, a planted pico (if I'm getting the terminology right?).

It's a 3 gallon Eclipse with Marineland bio wheel filtration and I've got a single panda cory living with a pair of cardinal tetras and a male red platy. gravel bed with a piece of bogwood, some java fern, lace java fern, and dwarf sagittaria along the back. I don't want to overcrowd my happy little gang but since I've learned that corys are schoaling and do best in numbers, I'm considering adding another panda. Between the bio wheel and my impeccable gravel vac/ water replacement routine B-) should we be ok?

Here are some pictures of the cory
pandacc2.jpg

pandacc.jpg

and the whole gang (cc's midground along the right edge)
pictotank.jpg

Looking forward to learning a lot from you all! :D

Best,

Most reactions

Back