Which Corys Do You Have?

im not 100% sure what my corys are but i have six and a small amount of fry! sterbai (sp) i think??

100_0576.jpg

I have peppered, panda and bronze. Panda's are my favourite though. :)

I have:

1x B. sp.
9x C. aeneus (7x Albino, 2x Bronze)
2x C. araguaiensis (Im not entirely sure what these are, but the label said something like this)
2x C. arcuatus
2x C. haraldschultzi (I think? I got these under Assorted Cories, but they look like sterbai but with black spots with white background on the head)
1x C. melanistius (I think? That's what it looks like)
2x C. paleatus
1x C. panda
2x C. pygmaeus

I'm new here so thought I would post mine too.

Emeralds
100_1714_edited.jpg

Panda and eggs
100_1718_edited.jpg

German Black
100_1695_edited.jpg

Get the next two mixed up. but try Weitzmanii
100_1696_edited.jpg

Shultzi
100_1697_edited.jpg

Tril
100_1654-1.jpg

Albino aeneus
100_1655_edited.jpg

Also have c. hastatus, pygmies, and barbatus (false cory)

Several different bristlenose plecs.

I have 3 Panda Corys. I love them. They hide alot, Normal?
DSC00041__Small_.JPG

Is $5.99 a good price for a panda cory?

I paid £3.99 for my panda...so yeah would say that were a decent price.

By the way I have bronze, albino, peppered, stebai, trilineatus amd panda.....they are super fish!

Well i paid £7.50 for each for my Panda's
So very good price

i have 2 peppered cory's at the moment, plan to get 2 or 3 more. :D

That pygmy cory you have is called habrosus Ficious. It is a true pygmy but we usually call pygmaeus pygmies.
I keep and enjoy many C Habrosus, C Trilineatus, C Paleatus, C Aeneus and 2 unidentified cories that I was sure were C Cochui but I'm no longer sure. The people on planet catfish told me they were C Habrosus which I can clearly see they are not although it was hard to tell from the pictures that I managed to get. I also have an albino in with my aeneus but I'm not sure what species he is.

Edit footnote: I have a dozen hastatus coming next week that are going into a tank of their own for breeding.

Update on August 16. The hastatus have arrived and are settling in to a newly set up 20 gallon tank with a sand substrate. The seller sent 13 instead of 12 so I got a bit of extra value. This will be my first attempt at breeding so I'm looking forward to a new challenge.

New update: I picked up 8 C. pygmaeus that went into the tank with my heterandria formosa colony so now I have all 3 common pygmy varieties. The habrosus are far more open and willing to swim around than either of the others. The pygmaeus are a far second but are sometimes out and about and the hastatus are almost always in hiding even though they have the largest group at 13.

I have 3 Panda Corys. I love them. They hide alot, Normal?

From what I've heard in a small group that's normal. They tend to cruise the sand for a while then dive back into a fake tree stump I have when they feel shy. I'm going to build up from 3 to 8 though so I'm hopefully they'll get over it with a few more of their own kind to hang with.

Well i paid £7.50 for each for my Panda's
So very good price
Around my neck of the woods they go for about $5 to $6 US for a 1" fish.

Oh yeah, and I have pandas, I'd get a picture but the wife is out of town and took the camera with her.

i currently have 5 breeding sterbai + 5 new juvies , 2 julli but probably more than likely trili as ive recently found out lol, 2 delphax and 8 brand new panda's which are soo cute :)

atm I have 3 albino corys...unsure what kind, 2 punctus corys, and 4 of one of the type of pygmys.

Most reactions

Back