What's Your Favorite Aquatic Plant?

wow lots of mosses huh? i love em too, but i thought for sure id get some more takers for amazons. very interesting. thanks for all the opinions. keep on voting.

Im peed off with Amazons.

Its OK if you have a huge tak but they just take up too much room in a smaller (i.e125Ltr like mine)

My favourite plant at the mo (changes each month. lol) is Ludwigia Repens because when I upgraded my lighting it started to return to the yellow/ pink plant I bought. Last month was my Crypt Wendtii (brown) because since I replanted it and it melted it has recovered to the most beatiful structure and the colours are amazing

andy

got to be moss balls, you can leave them out of the water for hours (accident) drop them down the staires, picked on by the fish, and rool arounf endlessly and still going strong, fantastic or what.
apart from that, other mosses i like, especially the common java moss, but also christmas moss.
as for proper planted plants, water wisteria, i like the leaves and grows well once establishes i think

Algae wins the vote for the most annoying i would say! :lol: Although it's not a plant?!
Algae is a plant. Without it, most life would probably not exist on this planet.

Actually it isn't, Blue-green algae is more closely related to bacteria than to plants. It is a Monera and filamentous algae is a protoctista, which is more closely related to protozoa.

Yes, it is!

Have a read - http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bo...3426748.html?16

That's new to me!
All my books are out of date, so no wonder. :rolleyes:

I like Rotala rotundifolia "red"... the shape of the leaves and the combination of colours make it looks so attrative. :)

My current favorite would have to be my swords... I have one that continues to send my new plantlets and it just keeps growing and growing despite my less than great dosing levels.

Algae wins the vote for the most annoying i would say! :lol: Although it's not a plant?!
Algae is a plant. Without it, most life would probably not exist on this planet.

Actually it isn't, Blue-green algae is more closely related to bacteria than to plants. It is a Monera and filamentous algae is a protoctista, which is more closely related to protozoa.

Yes, it is!

...I classify plants something which is green and has leaves :unsure: :shifty:...What, technically is the definition of a plant?

Yes, it is!

...I classify plants something which is green and has leaves :unsure: :shifty:...What, technically is the definition of a plant?

I agree, although it may have been proved, for me a plant must have leaves and roots or such. Although it may have been proved that some algae is a plant others can be animals, brown algae for example.
To me, algae will never be a plant.

HC is my favorite, gotta love how it looks nice you've got a nice carpet of it.

Sam

HI guys even though i havent set up a planted tank i like the look of 1) GLOSSOSTIGMA ELATINOIDES, 2) RICCIA FLUITANS, My first effort wil soon be underway with the help of friends of course.

Algae algae algae algae algae algae algae light light algae algae algae Algae algae algae algae oh the dark oh the dark ( it's the badger song for algae) lolollolololol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love all lilies but specifically the tiger lotus lily. I have a little one just starting out, I can't wait for it to get bigger :)

Most reactions

Back