What should I change?

Squishiebabe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I"m looking for suggestions on what to change, I'm planning on making a slate certerpiece very soon, and replacing the terracotta pots with homemade rock caves (woohoo for DIY!)
Ps, Live plants not an option atm, as i have no money already, maybe next month once i get some cash saved, lol.

Attachments

• zoo116.jpg
    zoo116.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 32
I would start with a background. CFC gave me the idea of using black plastic garbage bags long ago, I have them on most all of my tanks, it doesn't get any cheaper.

I thought this was a nifty trick too; http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=94680

Look at the before & after pics, squint a little & imagine your tank.

Tolak

Yes, thanks lol
Garbage bags, great idea!! ...I was pondering what to use, because I've more important things i need to but for my aquarium than a background, lol.
I'm going to measure right now...thanks for kicking me off into a productive mood :D
I'll post pics later :p

It'll look fantastic with a background. If you still want to change things afterwards, maybe think about going for some sand and replacing the gravel. Everyone seems to do that at some point :p What have you got int there BTW? I see a couple of guppies at the top.

Yes, 3 guppies at the moment. I made the background, took pics, but i'm waiting for them to download now, so i'll edit this post in a minute to show you...ut does look good...I think i might go for some different plastic plants soon, as you can see i bought one huge one and broke it up :D lol...

Attachments

• CAQVGDU7.jpg
    CAQVGDU7.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 40
While i was at it, i got this...this guys always rooting around for food, lol :p

Attachments

• CAKQC5SB.jpg
    CAKQC5SB.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 30
It looks much better with the background! :nod:
I think adding some rock caves is a good idea, and maybe you could go for silk plants instead of plastic? They look more realistic in my opinion, but it's all up to you!

BTW... is that a giant gourami in your avatar?? I love those things.

I dont know what it is, I got that on my class zoo trip a few weeks ago (Yes high school students still have fun at the zoo.. :rofl: )
It was massive though. Like bigger than any fish I've ever seen that close. Lets just say, if i out that in my 10 gallon, it would be half sticking out, and water would be everywhere, lol. It was in a pretty cool tank too, with a waterfall, and the side was glass so yoiu could see right down to the bottom...anywho, thanks all
Oh, where could i get silk plants for the aquarium? If i just bought ones from the fabric store ect, couldnt the glue harm the fish?? Just a question lol

Yeah, sounds like a giant gourami... I'll have one of those one day, mark my words!! :wub:

You can usually find silk plants at pet stores. I'm not sure if the ones at fabric stores would harm fish or not, so I'd buy the kind specifically made for aquariums just to be on the safe side.

Very nice! The background makes a major difference. :D

Tolak

Most reactions

Back