What Is Your Job?

1st year of sixth form studying Maths, Biology, Chemistry & ICT.
Hope to get a career in science, more specifically Biochemistry or analytical chemistry... inspired by this hobby :good:

I;m a criminal Solicitor which is something I always wanted to do and took me many years and debts to become

The reality now is that the profession is on its backside, no matter what govt figures say the police ain;t catching people for whatever reason, the crown prosecution aren;t charging people and the knock on effect is the courts are dead and we aren;t making any cash

and besides that I enjoy being in court and doing sentences trials bail apps etc, I enjoy the relationship I build with clients, I like the banter with the court ushers, security and other people but I hate the paperwork which is increasing, the beaurocracy with the legal aid board and the amount of phone calls I get from clients at all time of night as I;ve given my no out to that many people.And least of all I dislike being in the police station till 4am on a week night for the standard fee the govt now pay us of £55 no matter how long or late we;re there!!!

Heres my firms website www.kirwanssolicitors.co.uk

I am a Search and rescue Helmsman on the river Thames in London.

I work for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution commonly known as the RNLI: www.rnli.org.uk

Huge respect for the work you do and your colleagues, comming from a family that likes sea fishing its a charity we don't mind supporting at all.

I havn't got a job yet (currently history student) but I want to work in a job that helps people eg. social worker, teacher, police.

Same here, you chaps have pulled enough of my diving friends out of the water and I did a bit of underwater ironing earlier this year with over 100 other lunatics to help keep you chaps out there :good:

I'm a self employed mortgage & insurance adviser. Not a great time in the middle of the biggest liquidity issue in a generation, but I'm still here.

Arfie

I'm a broadcaster. My weekly program, Radio NGO, highlights the work of non-government and charitable organizations around the world. The show has been airing for six months on a local station and on Thursday, October 22nd debuts on www.Talkzone.com. You can visit the site and see my banner now.

I'm a broadcaster. My weekly program, Radio NGO, highlights the work of non-government and charitable organizations around the world. The show has been airing for six months on a local station and on Thursday, October 22nd debuts on www.Talkzone.com. You can visit the site and see my banner now.

I;m a criminal Solicitor which is something I always wanted to do and took me many years and debts to become

The reality now is that the profession is on its backside, no matter what govt figures say the police ain;t catching people for whatever reason, the crown prosecution aren;t charging people and the knock on effect is the courts are dead and we aren;t making any cash

and besides that I enjoy being in court and doing sentences trials bail apps etc, I enjoy the relationship I build with clients, I like the banter with the court ushers, security and other people but I hate the paperwork which is increasing, the beaurocracy with the legal aid board and the amount of phone calls I get from clients at all time of night as I;ve given my no out to that many people.And least of all I dislike being in the police station till 4am on a week night for the standard fee the govt now pay us of £55 no matter how long or late we;re there!!!

Police not catching people? Courts not packed?!?!?! Where abouts are you working? ...you want to get yourself to Hull you'll make a fortune!

heres me at the summer ball
IMG_5222.jpg

OMG don't you look like Tim Matheson, any-one tell you that before

um no who is that? i googled him,looks like an old man,hehe round 50plus.....ive been told i look like a famous british darts player but cant remember the blokes name

He played Otter in Animal House, I ment when he was younger, yes he is comming up to 61 now, still a good actor. I think you are talking about Tony Knowle but I think he was a snooker player? I still ment it as a compliment though ^_^

Police not catching people? Courts not packed?!?!?! Where abouts are you working? ...you want to get yourself to Hull you'll make a fortune!

I;m in one of the crime hot spots Birkenhead Merseyside but its true courts are quieter all over the country. Liverpool court is dead!! The police are charging people for lesser offencesthan they should and for whatever reason whether financial or political they are definately catching less!!!

funny enough been to Hull olice station a couple of times on drug jobs, my clents like to travel it seems lol

IMG_5222.jpg

um no who is that? i googled him,looks like an old man,hehe round 50plus.....ive been told i look like a famous british darts player but cant remember the blokes name

He played Otter in Animal House, I ment when he was younger, yes he is comming up to 61 now, still a good actor. I think you are talking about Tony Knowle but I think he was a snooker player? I still ment it as a compliment though ^_^

Think he means James Wade (goes out with Helen Chamberlain from Soccer AM)

IMG_5222.jpg

Think he means James Wade (goes out with Helen Chamberlain from Soccer AM)

Oh yes, just Googled images, I see what you mean. Have we any other famous looka Like's on TFF ?

Im a qualified dental nurse by day, dog groomer by appointment, horse riding instructor at weekends & I take in abandoned/unwanted animals 24/7.
Im constantly knackered but, Id rather wear out than rust out!!

;m in one of the crime hot spots Birkenhead Merseyside but its true courts are quieter all over the country. Liverpool court is dead!! The police are charging people for lesser offencesthan they should and for whatever reason whether financial or political they are definately catching less!!!

funny enough been to Hull olice station a couple of times on drug jobs, my clents like to travel it seems lol

My son doing law at uni he wants to be a barrister.
He said there no money in criminal law as it state funded.
Keep up the good work.

;m in one of the crime hot spots Birkenhead Merseyside but its true courts are quieter all over the country. Liverpool court is dead!! The police are charging people for lesser offencesthan they should and for whatever reason whether financial or political they are definately catching less!!!

My son doing law at uni he wants to be a barrister.
He said there no money in criminal law as it state funded.
Keep up the good work.

even worse for barristers Wilder especially in crime as barristers no longer have the monoopoly at crown court, we as a firm only instruct them on murders rapes etc so no idea how they will get the experience to get to crown court. Tough times ahead for barrtisters!! we pay them £60 for a half day trial!!! :crazy:

Still in sixth form, hopinf to do something to do with biology or chemistry at uni, but not sure what yet!

Also I work 12-15 hours a week in a bar / pub doing anything from cooking, to mixing drinks to waitressing XD

-Rezz

Most reactions

Back