What Is This?

G-skrilla

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm new at aquariums. This morning u woke up and there were hundreds of little white worms. Is this fry?? I was horrified. I thought it was some parasite or something. As soon as I turned on the light my gourami started eating them. Anyone experience this?

Is it possible to post a picture of the little creatures?

Is it possible to post a picture of the little creatures?
I will post a picture when I get home if there are any left. It was really crazy. I mean I woke up and bam that's all I could see like snow it was these white wriggling wormie things a couple of mm long. If it was fry I'm gonna be t.o.ed. I wouldnt have thought fry looked like this.

I don't think fry look like worms, though. That would freak me out, too!

planaria ?
+1, have a look at this youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAjvAZJxvvM

Keith.
Yeah I looked at a few videos and I think it's planaria. I mean I vacuumed two days ago. Maybe I stirred them up. But they exploded on the seen. Hundreds appeared in about 8 hours or so. How scared should I be. Am I gonna get worms. If I have to do a water change are they gonna get on or in me.

planaria ?
+1, have a look at this youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAjvAZJxvvM

Keith.
Yeah I looked at a few videos and I think it's planaria. I mean I vacuumed two days ago. Maybe I stirred them up. But they exploded on the seen. Hundreds appeared in about 8 hours or so. How scared should I be. Am I gonna get worms. If I have to do a water change are they gonna get on or in me.
Ok so I think it's detritus worms.

Won't the fish eat them?

Won't the fish eat them?
Yeah they have been. I'm just worried they are in the substrate. I vacuumed two days ago so I think I may have stirred them up. I am gonna vacuum again and limit feeding for a while. First live food they have had though.

I don't think they will harm the fish, just looks a bit un-sightly. With a few gravel vacs i'm sure you will be on top of things.

Keith.

I've had what i think is the same and my fish munched them up and the fish are fine (4-5months down line now).

Most reactions

Back