What Is This Piece Of Equipment?

Exactly. The pins in the side riser blocks. Why are they there if they weren't meant to be removed? If they had no bearing to the jig except for height spacing, they could be nailed solidly to the base. Maybe they are meant to secure what ever he is puncturing.

It's got to be a job you have to do often to make it worth constructing something like this surely? How often would you have to pierce dividers or sponges?
Not that I have a better suggestion :lol: I agree, the 2 'bottoms' mean it stands on its end.

Lol, the bottom is for him to know the nails are positioned correctly cos they are all wonky and it will only go one way... not for him to its stands on its end, im sure he could remember that lol.

Exactly. The pins in the side riser blocks. Why are they there if they weren't meant to be removed? If they had no bearing to the jig except for height spacing, they could be nailed solidly to the base. Maybe they are meant to secure what ever he is puncturing.

This then proves that whatever it is, is thin, cos this means the side and clamp something and thats why they need ot be removed after the job is done....

Im going for think plastic (soft)
Or maybe even some sort of netting???

does he make his own fish food, the kind u make in a blender then freeze?? if stood on its end the filled with food and frozen the holes where the nails go might make it easier to snap the food into cubes like you would buy from the shop?? just a thought though it would be more logical to have just one open end :huh:

Agree, bottom markings definately for showing which ends go together.

its a steak tenderizer

hah lol

for usage on beef heeart for discus to

joke obv

There are so many great suggestions here. And there are also suggestions that contridict the others! I have no idea what it could be used for, all I know is that I want that cichlid food!

does he make his own fish food, the kind u make in a blender then freeze?? if stood on its end the filled with food and frozen the holes where the nails go might make it easier to snap the food into cubes like you would buy from the shop?? just a thought though it would be more logical to have just one open end :huh:

I think that this is by far the best suggestion! He does make his own fish food! And that is one of the prisses to choose from! Maybe a small hint he gave us?

nah thats way to complicated, the nails would be pointless..

You could just freeeze it as a block, the use a knife to slice it very slight to make it easy to snap off, nails are to inacurate and would look un professional.

You could just freeeze it as a block, the use a knife to slice it very slight to make it easy to snap off, its also to inacurate and would look un professional.

I have to disagree with you on this. It would be a lot eaiser to just snap the pieces rather than cutting them.

You could just freeeze it as a block, the use a knife to slice it very slight to make it easy to snap off, its also to inacurate and would look un professional.

I have to disagree with you on this. It would be a lot eaiser to just snap the pieces rather than cutting them.

no i dont mean cut them...

I mean put grooves in them, you knwo like the ones u buy in pet shops, they are slighty grooved for ease off snapping..

Nails would make this look so stupid untidy, very un professional if ur selling them.

no i dont mean cut them...

I mean put grooves in them, you knwo like the ones u buy in pet shops, they are slighty grooved for ease off snapping..

Nails would make this look so stupid untidy, very un professional if ur selling them.

Oh. Depending on the consistency of the food, grooves might be kind of hard to make. And I don't know anything about him selling th food he makes...

Having the holes would definately help to break up the food. You have to assume that there is a bottom board to this thing.

Having the holes would definately help to break up the food. You have to assume that there is a bottom board to this thing.

That's one of the problems I find in this idea... If there was a bottom, I'm sure he would have posted a picture of it.

5galNanoDay00screen.jpg

To those of you who deal with dividers, is this jig big enough to use with material that you would use for a divider? I have never needed one so I don't know.

Most reactions

Back