What Is This Piece Of Equipment?

For pure humour factor, maybe you pour rice into it, to simulate the sound of rain for your fish :)

Or perhaps a trap of some sort, for fry or egss.

Wow, that is one of the few things that I happen to come across on the internet that actually made me laugh.

I noticed that also. Just assumed that would show which ends go together because of the non-uniformity of the nails.

I noticed that also. Just assumed that would show which ends go together because of the non-uniformity of the nails.

Makes enough sence to me! But here is another question. Why is one of the boards twice the size of the other?

Well, whatever it is, it would seem to stand up on it's end. If you look at the photograph, both ends are marked "bottom".

Nahh it dont i think.... its marked bottom just so he knows the nails are goig to the correct holes with them not being so accurate ;)

Makes enough sence to me! But here is another question. Why is one of the boards twice the size of the other?

Obviously whatever he is puncturing he has to somehow hold on to, to keep it still

Haven't figured that one out yet. It just may make for a better base when he is applying pressure. Another thought....could it possibly be some kind of shredder. Can you say for sure thet the nails go all the way thru the base? Why would he need a shredder?

It's not clear in the picture that the nails go through all of the base. The holes could go halfway through the base.

It's not clear in the picture that the nails go through all of the base. The holes could go halfway through the base.

Whatever it is, the nails do go all the way through whatever he his piercing.

The side bits are simply stands for the top part only allowing the nails to just reach the holes in the bottom part and ensuring the object he is piercing is fully penetrated right through.

Are the sides simply riser blocks or do they also hold something in place with their pins so that repeated use would put the holes in the same place? If they weren't meant to be removed, why no just nail them solid to the base?

Ok here is something stange, once the side parts are put on, whatever he is piercing then has to be placed on before pushing the top part through it...

Whatever is on the base at this time must be see through so he can see where the holes are, because there its not fitted together like a jig, and there is no front back and side guides to say hes dropping it correctly so it must be something clear.

Are the sides simply riser blocks or do they also hold something in place with their pins so that repeated use would put the holes in the same place? If they weren't meant to be removed, why no just nail them solid to the base?

I'm not exactly sure ehwat you are asking. But the sides sit in 3 small holes on both sides of the base. Some one posted a diagram of how it goes together earlier.

It must be a tool that helps him mass produce a product. I dont think you would make something this ''complicated'' and ''mind baffling'' to be a one off product. Its bugging me now. :crazy:

It's got to be a job you have to do often to make it worth constructing something like this surely? How often would you have to pierce dividers or sponges?
Not that I have a better suggestion :lol: I agree, the 2 'bottoms' mean it stands on its end.

It's got to be a job you have to do often to make it worth constructing something like this surely? How often would you have to pierce dividers or sponges?
Not that I have a better suggestion :lol: I agree, the 2 'bottoms' mean it stands on its end.

I agree on both of your statements, really. I though it might be something used to rinse out gravel, but it seems to me like the gravel would fall out of the bottom.

The stand at either side are just merely to get the distance right for the nails to the holes in the bottom. other wise they wuld right through the wood on the bottom, the stands stop this happening

Most reactions

Back