What Happened To The 'older' Members

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nick16

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
i know i am not one of them but recently i have noticed ALOT of new members, and i have also noticed alot of the olded members are not on so much anymore. is it due to the time of year or is it due to the cockyness of SOME of the new guys?

better put the kettle on them mate. :lol: yeah, i think attitudes have changed recently and ever since the outbreak of the 'adult material' on this forum, (not that im saying that has anything to do with it!) alot of the older members have gone, over that last 2 months or so. no MW, no The wolf to name a few. ade hasnt been around for a while (shrimp guy)

the forum isnt the place it use to be , to many trouble makers these days
i only come on now and again nowadays.

its less of a 'family' now, too many members. when i joined, (only a few months ago) i knew all of the regular posters and knew who i could trust as info goes, but now, i have to double check.

the forum isnt the place it use to be , to many trouble makers these days

Isn't that all the more reason for the 'older members' to hang around?

I'm sure nobody wants the forum to go down the tubes. It's an absolute wealth of good information (and some bad :lol: ).

I don't post so much the last few months, but its because i'm really busy just now, not any other reason.

BTT

I think that they have grown tired of the forums new members, because they tend to not listen ( even some of the older members dont listen once in awhile), and they figure its not worth trying tmo help the helpless. I should know, i contemplated giving up the forum a couple months ago.

As I am a relatively new member, I hope that I am not responsible for running anyone off. lol

I get that on the biking forum. Officially, my wife has banned me (she owns the forum), but I have an alter ego who posts occasionally but doesn't post on any conflicting threads.

I have noticed some unrest in the last week or two from some of the younger members (I am a relative newbie on here, but I'm old anyway ;) ). It's the sort of thing that will be yesterday's news by Monday, so I won't lose any sleep over it :D

I think a minimum age of maybe 13-14 would help a bit and also more active banning, and absolutly no shorthand/slang.

I to have noticed the slip in the forums attendance by the experianced members.

Maybe the credit crunch or i hate to say it maybe a new invite only forum or section of the forum like advanced members only area. where you need a password from a MOD to get in and then you can be kicked out if your behaviour is rubbish.

This area could contain advanced questions and would only include people who wanted to ask and then listen intently to the answers. And Only fish talk allowed.

thats is seconded. i think this should be put to the mods. also, it would not need heavily modding as people would be well behaved. i mean having a mod around is nice, and they are knowledgable but its not essential although the mods will be invited in of course because they all know their 'area'. i wait for the answers with so much hope, its almost like OCD!

Most reactions

Back