What does everyone use as a background

I've got blue automotive window tint on the back of a couple of tanks. Works good and reasonably cheap.

Tolak

So far I have bought all of mine, but I am contemplating painting the betta tanks because the backgrounds are quite reflective.

Came with the tank. It's a picture of a submerged log with seagrass looking stuff around it. It sort of bubbles though which makes it look silver from the side. I've tried puncturing it but it doesn't seem to work.

I don't actually have backgrounds on any of my tanks at the moment... should I?

My 20L has blue walls on 2 sides and cacti on the other, my 60L has a blue wall one side but is open the other sides and my 30L has a mirrored back (does this confuse and stress out my fish?).

Ben

With the fish you have, a mirrored background should not stress them. A background makes some fish feel more secure, but as you don't have agressive fish in your tanks, the fish should be fine with no background.

Black bristol board with veregiated smudges of dark and light green, andI'm really pleased withthe effect. It looks almost like an out of focus photograph of greenery. Infact, my dad likes to borrow it to use as a back ground when he takes photographs of his flowers.

I use colored poster board, I have to use 2 cut down to size and you can't see the seams. It's very cheap but it works really well and there are many different colors you can buy.

normal black backin brought from the lfs on my 40gal

some cheesy plant type one from the lfs on my 15.6gal

shall be changin the to black soon :)

I made a fantasy collage in photoshop, printed it out, laminated it, made it to dark though :-( ........... next 1 I do will be lighter :fun: was free one of the only great things about my job

I paint the back, and depending on where the tank is going, the sides, with ordinary blackboard paint, (paint on the outside of course).

Most reactions

Back