What Book (or Books) Are You Currently Reading?

I'm finally reading Common Sense and other writings by Thomas Paine.

Mystil - If you haven't already, make sure you check out Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch co-written by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It's one of my favorites.

edit: added comment to Mystil

I figured that I would push this topic back to the top and share what I borrowed today.

Childhood's End -Arthur C. Clark (chosen book for discussion group at library)
Mort -Terry Practchett
Me of Little Faith -Lewis Black

I wish it wouldn't have taken me so long to discover Terry Pratchett. :( Better late than never right. :D

Reading Angelas Ashes for school, and I read The Color of Water and Go ask Alice earlier in the summer for school as well. Go ask Alice was really good, The color of water isn't really my type of book (its a memoir) but I thought it was interesting.

Oh and I'm also reading Enslaved by Ducks. I would recommend it to any animal lover it's so funny. but if you don't like animals, you wont like it, and it would be very boring for you. But considering this is a fish forum I thought it was worththe mention. :D

I used to be a big Stephen King fan, but I don't like his new stuff. I notice a lot of Dean Koontz fans. I've read a lot of his novels. I'm just about to start The Crazy School by Cornelia Read...

please don't laugh but i'm 40 years old and finally reading the lord of the rings.i'm about 120 pages into the return of the king.

I'm also trying to get the second book of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King, I read the first book back in february :lol:

i know this is from hella long ago, but this is my favorite series of books...I just started the series again...lol
also reading "Just After Sunset" also by stephen king...i go through cycles of liking his books so we'll see how this collection turns out...

Im currently reading The Da Vinci Code, so good really cant put it down, one of the best books I have read in a long time!

Im currently reading The Da Vinci Code, so good really cant put it down, one of the best books I have read in a long time!

i actually liked angels and demons way better than that...but still a good book

everybody: Read WATCHMAN before it come out in theaters lol...awesome book

Stephen Kings IT,i loved the movie and never got round 2 reading the book but now i have and the book was much better,nearly totally different 2 the movie.

I've recently read:

Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - Robert Louis Stevenson
Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus - Mary Shelley

And I am currently reading Dracula by Bram Stoker.

I felt that at my age I should read these stories which even after over 100 years are still inspiring. If you can get through the flowery olde english style of writing, they are all great stories and much better than any of the films that they have been made into.

Arfie

Most reactions

Back