Welcome To The Jungle

daizeUK said:
Nice, I especially love your Christmas moss.  Think I might try some myself!

This Old Spouse said:
I love the Christmas moss too. I got a tiny bit mixed in with java moss and I like it so much better! Maybe someday I'll try to separate it out. (yeah, right.)

Thanks, mine is a mix of java and christmas too. The java is the bulk and the christmas gives the nice looking branches. Next time I trim it, if there is enough I'd happily send you some
smile.png

garyspence84 said:
Haven't seen an update on your tanks in ages mate, this 1 is a cracker. Looks as good as ever. Have to say though, I did prefer it with the open top. Just a pity the t8's didn't look half as good open as your old lights did. Still... Awesome looking tank mate
good.gif

Edit: spelling

Here's the latest Vlog for this tank on YouTube:
http://youtu.be/6WkbpUxalqo?t=1m53s

Nicely done man. It's a very active tank isn't it? Must be great to watch.
Your valli's on the left look great. Really like that you've trimmed each individual leaf to a different size, rather than grabbing the whole lot and lopping it off like a crew cut :lol:
Keep the update coming mate, always a good read

garyspence84 said:
Nicely done man. It's a very active tank isn't it? Must be great to watch.
Your valli's on the left look great. Really like that you've trimmed each individual leaf to a different size, rather than grabbing the whole lot and lopping it off like a crew cut
laugh.png

Keep the update coming mate, always a good read
Thanks, yeah it looks really weird when cut all the same length lol. It's weird how fast the stuff grows. It will be all across the tank again soon

Love this tank!! Can't wait til mine fills in this nicely :)   The vid was great to watch as well. I'll be picking up a black background and pair of blue platies now hehe ;)

greenmumma141 said:
Love this tank!! Can't wait til mine fills in this nicely
smile.png
  The vid was great to watch as well. I'll be picking up a black background and pair of blue platies now hehe
wink.png
Thanks, I'll check it out :)

Wow! What a beautiful albino fish you have there, it's amazing that creatures can actually have /pink/ eyes, and still look so pretty! C:

September Update
Hey everyone, so it's been a while since I've updates this journal but seen as I have rescaped the tank recently I thought I'd share it with you all
biggrin.png

As well as rearranging the layout I have added some Pink Alternanthera into the background which give a nice splash of colour and depth.
The red cherry shrimp have multiplied like crazy and I've rehomed some fish to reduce the overall population and amount of mating that was going on.
Here are the photos:
9689666678_ebb08f9099_o.jpg

9686435485_631be42c5f_o.jpg

And a short YouTube video:
[media]http://youtu.be/GUGA7ySnaCo[/media]

Let me know what you think...

Oh my this tank is absolutely STUNNING. If you don't mind, I may use it for inspiration while decorating my own tank!!

Wow! What is that green/yellow looking plant in the middle? Love the tank!

sharkydog said:
Oh my this tank is absolutely STUNNING. If you don't mind, I may use it for inspiration while decorating my own tank!!
Thank you, I'd be honored, please share the results I'd love to see it

EllieJellyEllie said:
Wow! What is that green/yellow looking plant in the middle? Love the tank!
Thanks :D its a mix of Crypts, I can't remember the exact species sorry

Nice to see your keeping this thread going mate, its literally the only 1 I recognised since coming back.

And its still looking great too, you've clearly not lost your touch.

Most reactions

Back