Week and a half old fry with new fry

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Platysrcool12345

Reaction score
My platies has some fry about 9-10 days ago and then another one of my platys had fry about 5 days ago I asked if those could be kept with each other earlier this week but now I woke up to molly fry. Is 9 days a big size difference. Can I keep them together or will they get eaten? Thanks

I have kept some together that were weeks apart but it just depends on how big the fry are. Can I see picture of size difference.

In my experience Molly fry are larger than platy fry. To be honest, I've kept fry with 3 months of an age difference together. They typically don't bother each other - I would not be at all concerned.

I have kept some together that were weeks apart but it just depends on how big the fry are. Can I see picture of size difference.
Hope those pictures work. There are more platys but those are a few of them. There are about somewhere between 15-30 platy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 65
I mean, if water parameters are the same then it should not be an issue. I would suspect you will be just fine. When is the last time you've tested your water? Might be worth doing before switching them over.

Most reactions

Back