Platy Fry

EndlersGame

Reaction score
Hi All,

So my platy gave birth to her fry a few weeks ago, and I have never seen any sign of them until this morning.

I am trying to work out though, how old do you think this fry is? And could it be from that original barltch or a later one??? I'm new to having fry 🤔

Its about 1cm long (ish).

Thanks

Screenshot_20240423_171550_Gallery.jpg

It could be a couple of weeks. So probably from the first batch. Fry are very good at hiding. Especially, when they still have a protective coloration. Platy fry have always a color that is more faded in comparison to their parents. Red platy fry for instance are in the beginning more yellow till orange before they get the deeper red coloration.

It could be a couple of weeks. So probably from the first batch. Fry are very good at hiding. Especially, when they still have a protective coloration. Platy fry have always a color that is more faded in comparison to their parents. Red platy fry for instance are in the beginning more yellow till orange before they get the deeper red coloration.
Thanks, if this is from the original batch then the female is a silvery/white. I have been studying the other 3 females and they all still look pregnant, although I have just spotted 2 new borns hiding in the ferns. 🙄

Good Job my new tank is arriving this week or next, they will need more room 😂.

Thanks, if this is from the original batch then the female is a silvery/white. I have been studying the other 3 females and they all still look pregnant, although I have just spotted 2 new borns hiding in the ferns. 🙄

Good Job my new tank is arriving this week or next, they will need more room 😂.
The phenotypes of the fry can differ per individual specimen when the mother has mated with another platy of another color or even pattern.

Most reactions

Back