We Have Fry !

Liquid skills

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Wow my first time breeding and i wasnt sure if i would get any fry at all but 1 day and a half later we have fry who are able to swim back up to the nest when falling are mine just fast developing i can see their tails and eyes and dad is so good placing back up if the fall :)

Although i have a question i looked at the bottom of the tank today and a load of white scank is this discarded shells?

Gongadulations on the fry
. I don't know what the stuff is, but you might as well just siphon it up. And when are the fry going into the grow out tank?

Remember to take the male out once they can swim! or you won't have any left.

Yeh some can swim and some still sink so shall i wait until tomorrow to see if they are ok they still have their yolk sac

Yeh some can swim and some still sink so shall i wait until tomorrow to see if they are ok they still have their yolk sac

what i do is, after the breeding was done and the female was removed, i wait 3 days exactly and then i take the male out, withou or without the fry swmming, they usually know how to make it back up to the top. only about 1/10 of the fry maynot survive for me, the rest ar good and healthy.

A grow out tank is a tank of 20 gallons or less for the fry to grow up until they show aggresiont then they are separated, form eachother in small containers or jars

Hi yeh the tank they are in now i was going to use to grow them in until they are big enough to fight against my filter in my 130l

They are currently in a 30l tank

hi fry are starting to try and swim away from the nest they still plop to the floor but they are starting to swim so tomorrow dad will be removed :) i will get pics asoon as dads gone so he dsnt get scared and eat them :)

Most reactions

Back