Water Changes Water...

When doing a water change, who leaves their new water out overnight or who dumps in straight in? (af

• Leave out overnight/all day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dump straight in

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't use a water dechlorinator, so I leave gallons of water lying around until I need to use it.

i put the hose in the tank and refil the temp drops from 86f down to 79f when the tank is full i add nutrafin aqua+ at a half dose for the whole tank

i have never had any probems and have been doing it for 20yrs like that

Usually when I do water changes I just drain about a 1/3 of the tank and just refill. I add PRIME during this time and any other chems that are needed.

But a temp change like that could be very bad if you have ich in your tank right? I'm assuming you either managed to get fish that didn't have it or you've already been through a bout with it and have killed all of it off. Or am I just dead wrong about quick temp changes making fish more susceptible to diseases like ich?

But a temp change like that could be very bad if you have ich in your tank right? I'm assuming you either managed to get fish that didn't have it or you've already been through a bout with it and have killed all of it off. Or am I just dead wrong about quick temp changes making fish more susceptible to diseases like ich?

in the wild how much do you think the temp drops over night
:p

I know what you mean but there is also a lot more water which means a lower concentration of parasites than our little tanks. How long does it take your water to come back to normal temps.

Python 30% out....AquaSafe in....Python 30% right in..done in 12 minutes. SH

Most reactions

Back