Very Disappointed

Hi karigupi :)

I'm sorry to hear about your losses and hope the rest of your fish will come through this OK. Now is when all your good fishkeeping practices will pay off. If they are strong and healthy, their good immune systems might help keep them well.

Please consider investing in a small quarantine tank. In the long run, it's really is worth the time and expense.

p.s thanks youngfisher, you've made my day, i'm old enough to be your mum lol
:rofl: my lord you sound just like me when i was a young lad :kana: you know what they say. Lady's with the world on there side and exsperience to boot><with life of :shifty: :ninja: course

sorry to hear about your problem's.....well hopefully we won't have the same problem next week ;)

I feel like I should start humming the theme tune to the Graduate (now I am showing my age) lol. You're little ones will be fine i'm sure :good: , I've decided to only buy online from people I can trust from now on.

Still no reply from the manager, so have sent a slightly grumpy email saying if no satisfactory communication by lunchtime tomorrow I will leave feedback for items stating infected with Columnaris & will contact ebay to let them know they are selling diseased fish. Getting narked with them now.

They might not of been deseased when they sent them out.
Fish can soon break out in columnaris due to stress, bad water quality, unstable temp, over crowding.

They might not of been deseased when they sent them out.
Fish can soon break out in columnaris due to stress, bad water quality, unstable temp, over crowding.

I appreciate that, but all of the fish were in a very poor condition, not just one, ranging from rotted fins to clumps of fungus, one fish I would excuse & the one DOA I was willing to let go, but this is too much, I dont think I am being unreasonable am I?

i dont think you are as i was the same,i bought some from zoo stock on ebay 50 altogether and within a day there was only seven left they had neon tetra disease.the seller kept ignoring my emails so never got refund but it hasnt put me off buying off line though,least the seller in this case is willing to give you a refund.

Finally have had a helpful reply from the manager, he has been very understanding & has offered to put things right by replacing all fish from the order & has offered some extra's by way of an apology. I have been given every assurance that everything has been sorted, & that all new fish are coming from different stocks & are guaranteed to be in the best possible health.

I will email him next week with a list of those I have lost from the order & from my own tank & see what happens from there, I have a small tank which I am going to use as a quarenteen tank when they arrive, just in case.

I understand that somethings are out of their control & I am hopeful that this was just a little 'blip' & that they can get it all sorted.

Feeling better about it all this morning, I have unfortunately lost 2 more young fish today, more of the Endler/guppy hybrids, I'm assuming for whatever reason they werent as strong as my other fish, who all seem to be fine, my harlequin rasbora are even showing spawning behavoir :wub:

So, fingers crossed crisis over!

Feeling better about it all this morning, I have unfortunately lost 2 more young fish today, more of the Endler/guppy hybrids, I'm assuming for whatever reason they werent as strong as my other fish, who all seem to be fine, my harlequin rasbora are even showing spawning behavoir :wub:

You could see that as a blessing in disguise survival of the fittest you should now have better genetic stock for when they spawn. I leave my hybrids in with the parents + a male betta I get 2-3 survive and I know that they had to of been the fastest/smartest/strongest of that spawn to survive a constant state of being prey for 2+ weeks

glad it turned out well`ish for you, ive bought lots of fish in the past thru ebay and they always had whitespot, i dont buy from them anymore, i buy from memebers here or at trusted LFS ( even then it can and has gone wrong :/

Just a little update in case anyone is interested, meds have worked & it looks like all my remaining fish are going to be ok phew!
The shop I brought them from are replacing all fish in an order arriving tomorrow, he has promised they are coming from disease free tanks & will personally check them all before they leave, they are also sending a few extra's :)

They will be quarenteened for a week at least before I risk my tank again, but fingers crossed they are ok this time.

Just read the thread, glad you got a good result and good luck with you're delivery tomorrow :)
Only ever bought bettas online, but then only from trusted sellers.

well that was some read and by the time i got to the end it was all sorted, oh well, glad you got there in the end. Could you PM me the name of the company please, i buy fish online occasionaly but only rare ones that i cant find elsewhere so obviously i dont want to spend hundreds on fish from a under par company. Cheers.

Most reactions

Back