Very Disappointed

Managed to get the worst of the swordtails out, boy can they swim fast! I guess thats a good sign though?

Here is a piccie of the poor little girl, she is pretty heavy with fry too.

3547765405_e655cc0262_o.jpg

As you can see she has two patches of fungus I think, plus a bad case of finrot.

Id name where you got them from to prevent others making the same mistake

Id name where you got them from to prevent others making the same mistake

I understand what you are saying, but I want to give them the chance to reply to me first, they appear to be a fairly popular online shop & I dont want to ruin their rep without giving them the chance to explain whats happened first.

However, if anyone is looking into buying fish online at the moment, you can PM me & I will tell you who it is, because right now they appear to have a problem & I dont want anyone else to go through all this

p.s thanks youngfisher, you've made my day, i'm old enough to be your mum lol

oohh just about the right age then... :wub: :wub: :wub: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

most mail order fish goes well, occasionally it has to go wrong ( law of averages), dont be put off.

oohh just about the right age then... :wub: :wub: :wub: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:lol: :rolleyes:

Just had an odd reply from them to one of my messages, I hadnt sent pictures yet & had asked them for any addy to send them too.

They have replied saying sorry they were in poor condition, let us know which ones have died by next week & we will replace., no questions?

It seems odd, as everyone usually asks for photographic evidence, their reply suggests that they are aware of problems with their stock & dont need proof, which is a really bad sign in my eyes.

I'm not sure if they mean they will replace those from the order which dont make it, or whether that includes any of my current fish which may die as a result of being infected?

Either way, unless they let me know why the fish were sent in such poor condition & ensure that conditions are improved & sick fish treated, there is no way I would want more fish from them, even if free!

If you do - Lie to them.

Say you orderred much more. HAve a shopping spree :)

Not sure if this was made as a sarcastic comment or a serious comment lol, but they will obviously have the order history on file so they will know exactly what karigupi ordered, unless of course you are referring to them replacing any original fish that may have been in the tank, then by all means, find the most expensive fish you can lol

Andy

Were did you order them from? So we all know not to buy fish from there.

That's a sad story. I just ordered some fish I'm excited and scared.

Better luck next time.

Wait a minute.....something's wrong here. Just how long were these fish bagged up and in the mail? :unsure: If they shipped on Tuesday, and you received them yesterday morning, which was Tuesday, that's an unreasonably long time. It's natural that they would be at death's door. No matter how healthy they were to start out, fish can only survive in polluted water for so long. You can't blame the seller for that.

Wait a minute.....something's wrong here. Just how long were these fish bagged up and in the mail? :unsure: If they shipped on Tuesday, and you received them yesterday morning, which was Tuesday, that's an unreasonably long time. It's natural that they would be at death's door. No matter how healthy they were to start out, fish can only survive in polluted water for so long. You can't blame the seller for that.

No, I ordered them last week, there claim was that they could send out the same day if ordered before 2pm, I rang to arrange delivery & they said they were too busy to post until Tuesday this week, they were posted yesterday late afternoon & arrived here this morning 7am.

Hi karigupi :)

That's excellent time! Overnight shipping is the way to go. In that case, for them to be in such an advanced state of illness, there is a good chance that they were sick when they are shipped.

For future reference, always take pictures when mail ordered fish arrive. Take a picture of the box before you open it, the way it's packed, and the fish inside the bags, as well as out of them. Many companies have replacement guarantees that require you to send them a picture within an hour of delivery if you are requesting replacement fish.

Some companies have a "drop ship" arrangement with breeders and/or distributors that enables them to sell fish and never even see them. They make enough money that way to cover the costs of replacements. After having one such experience myself, I now buy only from the breeders themselves. That way I am pretty sure they will want to keep their good reputation and not just send new fish and forget about it.

Here's a link to an old thread of mine that describes my experience with a big company.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...hl=foster+smith

Hi karigupi :)

That's excellent time! Overnight shipping is the way to go. In that case, for them to be in such an advanced state of illness, there is a good chance that they were sick when they are shipped.

For future reference, always take pictures when mail ordered fish arrive. Take a picture of the box before you open it, the way it's packed, and the fish inside the bags, as well as out of them. Many companies have replacement guarantees that require you to send them a picture within an hour of delivery if you are requesting replacement fish.

Some companies have a "drop ship" arrangement with breeders and/or distributors that enables them to sell fish and never even see them. They make enough money that way to cover the costs of replacements. After having one such experience myself, I now buy only from the breeders themselves. That way I am pretty sure they will want to keep their good reputation and not just send new fish and forget about it.

Here's a link to an old thread of mine that describes my experience with a big company.

[URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...hl=foster+smith"]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...hl=foster+smith[/URL]

I hadnt considered there may be a drop shipper, would explain a few things.

Sadly, things are getting worse 2 of my gorgeous 2mth old fry have died, they were beauties guppy/endler crosses we thought, the colours were amazing.

todays update, my concerns have now been forwarded to the manager,about bliming time!

Things arent as bad as I feared though,I hope, I have lost 3 young fish & only one of my delivery fish is alive, but I really thought I would wake up to a tank full of dead fish.

:rofl: my lord you sound just like me when i was a young lad :kana: you know what they say. Lady's with the world on there side and exsperience to boot><with life of :shifty: :ninja: course

sorry to hear about your problem's.....well hopefully we won't have the same problem next week ;)

Most reactions

Back