UV light

I've got well water too, but is horrible. I run all RO/DI now and remineralize. Im pumping 40G a week for water changes so plan to upgrade my RO system. Also brewing beer, I can take advantage of a better RO system for 2 hobbies. Wells can be great, but they can be trash too.

What do you use to remineralize ?

All Right !!!

My installation has made another step. My holding tank is installed, overflow etc.. Functional and filled.

Here it is, with the UV sterilizer at work.

IMG_002551c.jpg

It's a Catalytic Carbon cartridge, to remove Chloramine. Since the Activated Carbon one does not remove it.

I's going to help protect the DI Resin and Membrane against precipitated exhaustion.

Gotcha. I've got higher CO2 that runs my DI resin down quickly. Only get 25ish gallons from the same system you are using and the DI is shot. Makes me not want to use it and don't feel like running RO then letting sit a day to offgas then running through DI again...

Did you fix your wide pH swings, and how did you do it?

My ph currently swings from 7.8 to 7 and back over the course of 24 hours. That is due to the CO2 infusion which has been a huge improvement on my plants. I got the high (over 8) ph under control by limiting the Seachem Alkaline buffer. I'm using 7g per 20 gallon of water now and get 4kh. Im slowly going to drop that to 6 to get my ph max to be even less, but to answer your question, yes. The uncontrolled/unexpected swings have been addressed (thank god) and now its what I feel is expected with the CO2 injection.

My ph currently swings from 7.8 to 7 and back over the course of 24 hours. That is due to the CO2 infusion which has been a huge improvement on my plants. I got the high (over 8) ph under control by limiting the Seachem Alkaline buffer. I'm using 7g per 20 gallon of water now and get 4kh. Im slowly going to drop that to 6 to get my ph max to be even less, but to answer your question, yes. The uncontrolled/unexpected swings have been addressed (thank god) and now its what I feel is expected with the CO2 injection.
Hi, I was wondering, did you ever try aerating your RO/DI water for 24 hours before using it? I wonder if that would help with pH stabilization.

Hi, I was wondering, did you ever try aerating your RO/DI water for 24 hours before using it? I wonder if that would help with pH stabilization.
It sits for 24 hours. Without the remineralization it settles at 6.4. With it settles at 7.8 but now 7.6 since I’m slowly backing off of Equilibrium and that is why the oh goes up more than you’d think. The swing is only because if co2 injection now and not what I was dealing with in the past. Minerals are stable though and based on everything I’ve read the oh swing over 24 hours due to co2 isn’t too bad. A pint or less is what I keep seeing and that is where I’m at. All fish seem very happy. Finally. Ow it’s just battling snails and algae. The algae is getting more and more under control too as I am working on light and feet balance.

It sits for 24 hours. Without the remineralization it settles at 6.4. With it settles at 7.8 but now 7.6 since I’m slowly backing off of Equilibrium and that is why the oh goes up more than you’d think. The swing is only because if co2 injection now and not what I was dealing with in the past. Minerals are stable though and based on everything I’ve read the oh swing over 24 hours due to co2 isn’t too bad. A pint or less is what I keep seeing and that is where I’m at. All fish seem very happy. Finally. Ow it’s just battling snails and algae. The algae is getting more and more under control too as I am working on light and feet balance.
I remembered that I was told to aerate my RO water with an air stone before using it for consumption. I wondered if that would make a difference in your pH swings.

I am glad you got it sorted out.👍

I remembered that I was told to aerate my RO water with an air stone before using it for consumption. I wondered if that would make a difference in your pH swings.

I am glad you got it sorted out.👍
It will speed up the offgassing. I ran a pretty detailed test in different water over the course of a week. RO vs RO remineralized with seachem products and RO remineralized with some of my substrate.

Most reactions

Back