Urg I Got Mouth Full Of Fish Water When Using Gravel Vac

pic shows how guppy has spent past few days hiding and floating upright

Attachments

• b_002___Copy.JPG
    b_002___Copy.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 56
Are the guppys in the tank with fish tb.

the black neon that passed few days prev was in hubbys poss tb tank but i reckon i spread tb to my other tank hence same symptoms and deaths.

my tank guppy has spent today floating on its right side i thought it was dead at 1st then it gave a jolt ,goes upright then back on side ,mouth constantly open,jolts a lot , it has the same gingerish tinge on it i noticed when prev guppies were ill ,rusty look .

watched the fish the guppies are moving slowly red guppy has spent half the day lying on a rock ....

seems only the guppies at moment are having probs in this tank.

Poor things.
Not looking good might be kinder to end there misery.
Are you sure the fish don't have velvet. Shine a torch on the fish with tanks light out to see if you can see golden patches glow up.

You will need a med that treats velvet. Anti slime and velvet by interpet.
Do you have any parasite meds.
Velvet far worse and harder to get rid of than whitespot.

Once velvet affects the gills they rarely make it.

omg my poor babes xx

my fishes have been flicking for ages now my gorgeous corys have started. i hope i manage to save some .....

read the link should i keep the lights off will the fish be ok in the dark ?

meds i have = nematol , melafix , myxazin , protozin (says white spot & velvet)

Use the whitespot and velvet med.
Raise temp and increase aeration.
Remove black carbon from filter if you use it.

You have to turn tank lights out when using malachite green as lights infers with the med.

what do i raise temp to ?

carbons already removed as used other meds prev ..

link says the things that cause it dont like light and dark stresses them have i read it correct ?

I would only half dose with having the corys.
If it tells you to turn the light out and black out the tank I would do as they say.

Taken from the link.

cycle of Oodinium at aquarium temperatures as 10 to 14 days. The ZFIN website estimates the life cycle takes about two weeks at optimum temperatures (23-26°C). During their free-swimming tomite stage, they sustain themselves with photosynthesis. This is why you're advised to darken the tank in which you're battling Oodinium.

http://www.fishjunkies.com/Diseases/velvet.php

Raise temp to 30. If there plenty of aeration the fish should be fine.

thanks ive now turned out lights ,added meds and will raise temp in both tanks they have good oxygen/ circulation airpumps as well as good flow from filter .

do i feed as normal ?

and how often should i do water change....... i did a 50 % change today shall i wait a full week before doing any water change ?

thanks again xx

Most reactions

Back