Upgrading To Bigger Tank -need Some Advice Please

carney

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi
I have a 4ft x 12x15 tank, however i am obtaining a second tank next week from my Dad. This new tank is 5ft x15x18

Which of the following fish would you place together or are all ok in the bigger tank?

3 zebra loach, 1 kuhli loach, 1 red tailed black shark, 1 yellow malawi cichlid, 1 blue acara, 1 krib, 2 keyholes, 2 angel, 1 plec, 1 festivum, 3 odessa barb, 4 tiger barb, 3 molly
also wanting a ram, a jewel cichlid, 1 firemouth

Please help

Thanks V Much

Hi
I have a 4ft x 12x15 tank, however i am obtaining a second tank next week from my Dad. This new tank is 5ft x15x18

Which of the following fish would you place together or are all ok in the bigger tank?

3 zebra loach, 1 kuhli loach, 1 red tailed black shark, 1 yellow malawi cichlid, 1 blue acara, 1 krib, 2 keyholes, 2 angel, 1 plec, 1 festivum, 3 odessa barb, 4 tiger barb, 3 molly

Please help

Thanks V Much

I'm certainly no expert but that seems an odd mix of cichlids. aren't the malawi and some of the south americans going to need different qater parameters. That tank would be better if you got rid of the single cichlids and got 4 of one species and let them pair off or got rams, the keyholes, angels and then congo tetra shoal or something

Hi

Please help

Thanks V Much

I'm certainly no expert but that seems an odd mix of cichlids. aren't the malawi and some of the south americans going to need different qater parameters. That tank would be better if you got rid of the single cichlids and got 4 of one species and let them pair off or got rams, the keyholes, angels and then congo tetra shoal or something

The malawi cichlid was given to me over a year ago, so would have died if i hadnt taken it, it has beenbrilliant and no bother at all. tehkrib and festivums were part of pairs but died about 6 moths ago and both have been better now single...

im thinking all teh cichlids i have in my bigger tank, they seem ok in my tank at present, so im hoping in a bigger tank with more room, they will be even better??

Most reactions

Back