Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

Flowerhorns have the large bump on the head to provide the focusing of brain waves making the owners think their fish are attractive.
A good name for a Flowerhorn would be Saab...due to the Saab's oversized front bumper ;)

Flowerhorns have the large bump on the head to provide the focusing of brain waves making the owners think their fish are attractive.
It's the only possible explanation for their popularity. There are so many cichlids with colors just as nice, without the giant brain tumor...

Here's mine : people that say fries instead of fry are kinda annoying. BABY FISH ARE NOT POTATO CHIPS!!! It's FRY !
.....feels so good to let that out. :shifty:
Lots of people on here are translating into English, or maybe using an auto-translator. If you click on the name their profile might include their location. I'm impressed by people with a second/third language.

Ah, back to sci-fi :)
heads.JPG

Flowerhorns are Hideous and painful too look at. That they will kill any fish in with them makes having one as kind of useless- No plants either. I also will add that its pitiful that even the best and most colorful seem to always be kept in bare tanks. Like a stuffed toy on a shelf..
My other? REEF people who keep 500 species of coral in one tank- none of them fast growers. Why not grow one major coral that is not glacial in growth and maybe two other species and call it a day?
I think of the TFH writer who has a few hundred gallon reef with an 18 year old staghorn and a few other old smaller corals and it looks like a real reef in sunlit shallows. Julian Sprung-that's it. It came to me.

My other? REEF people who keep 500 species of coral in one tank- none of them fast growers. Why not grow one major coral that is not glacial in growth and maybe two other species and call it a day?
I think of the TFH writer who has a few hundred gallon reef with an 18 year old staghorn and a few other old smaller corals and it looks like a real reef in sunlit shallows. Julian Sprung-that's it. It came to me.
Well, most of those slow growers are SPS. Once they grow out, the tank looks extremely natural. You just can’t achieve that look over night.

For example, this tank:
11D72BDF-4504-47CF-9694-090B11D55F56.jpeg
07049922-EDDC-4EA7-884B-7F6A51FAAD67.jpeg

He’s sort of in the medium stage of growing his SPS out. He didn’t have a FTS, so this is all I could upload.

@PheonixKingZ, you lot get some nice colourful Acroporas there. Ours are all single colours and most are cream or brown, some green and on rare occasions blue or pink. But they are one colour all over.

-------------
Julian Sprung, I remember when he first started getting articles published. Ahh back in the day :)

@PheonixKingZ, you lot get some nice colourful Acroporas there. Ours are all single colours and most are cream or brown, some green and on rare occasions blue or pink. But they are one colour all over.

-------------
Julian Sprung, I remember when he first started getting articles published. Ahh back in the day :)
Oh yeah man, we got some crazy color variants. Acros can range from $15 all the way up to $2,000 for a 1 inch stick. It’s disgusting how expensive they’ve got.

@PheonixKingZ are these in your tank?
Oh Lord no, he’s a friend of mine from another forum.

Lots of people on here are translating into English, or maybe using an auto-translator. If you click on the name their profile might include their location. I'm impressed by people with a second/third language.
I speak English, Irish and polish

That's another phase of the hobby- frags to trade or sell. Those aquariums are not for a community reef tank. Its colorful. But the constant coming and going wheeling and dealing is not for me thats all.

Most reactions

Back