Unnatuaral Set-ups

Depends entirely on how its done. I think most of the stuff sold at the big chain stores is down right hideous but if someone with some scale modeling skill tried their hand at it the results might look good. A lot of the times its the scale. The doodad is so huge it overpowers everything else in the tank, or you've got multiple items in the tank none of which is in scale and it just looks bizzare. They tend to be more forgivable in natural terrain as well.

I'm planning on a betta tank for either my home office or my work desk and yes, I fully intend to buy a resin T-Rex skull for it.

I like nitro's tank :fish: :good:

it's not so easy to have a natural tank when you have 2 little children in the house
we started off with just plants and stuff and now got
a dinasaur
spongebob squarepants
a shark
and dora the explorer mermaid ---- thanks to nanny's trips to the petshop with the kids :rolleyes:

also on route as we speak are 2 lighthouses (non illuminated) and a 70's bubble diver lol

The kids also want a light up ornament so i said they can have one at christmas --- just trying to find a tasteful one lmao

Don't worry i have a plan --- have purchased lots of plants so hopefully the ornaments will slowly disappear in the undergrowth when i replant the tank over the weekend

this is temp home until new tank is up and running over weekend

100_3942-1.jpg

Nitro's tank is fine, it looks well kept, tacky does not have to mean bad :rolleyes: , each to thier own, its good to see peoples different ideas :good: keep them coming.

I've got fake plants, a clay pot, and a couple reptile caves in my crayfish tank. He'll destroy literally everything else I put in the tank, even silk plants get shredded. With some stocking, you can't get the look you want otherwise.

I like nitro's tank :fish: :good:

it's not so easy to have a natural tank when you have 2 little children in the house
we started off with just plants and stuff and now got
a dinasaur
spongebob squarepants
a shark
and dora the explorer mermaid ---- thanks to nanny's trips to the petshop with the kids :rolleyes:

also on route as we speak are 2 lighthouses (non illuminated) and a 70's bubble diver lol

The kids also want a light up ornament so i said they can have one at christmas --- just trying to find a tasteful one lmao

Don't worry i have a plan --- have purchased lots of plants so hopefully the ornaments will slowly disappear in the undergrowth when i replant the tank over the weekend

this is temp home until new tank is up and running over weekend

100_3942-1.jpg
thanks pip :good: nowt wrong with dora the explorer.grand kids love her lol

My sister has a pirate ship (I mean a big one) in her aquarium that takes up most of the floor, and it looks rather realistic, she has plants growing around it. It looks like a real ship sank, in an aquarium! I don't make that much money, so, in my leaf fish tank, I have half plastic bottles temporarily until I can add some decor, I want to try something kinda creepy looking, I'll have pics as soon as mum let's me use her camera :lol:

The Only person I have ever really seen pull of tacky "Decor" is Jennybugs with her car in the brackish tank, I think it looks good with the moonlight in it. Great Job Jenny on having the only tank that looks good with a tacky decor :p

When I had my 55 gallon running, I put in a buried man in the sand. Unfortunately, his skin/coating was flaking, so I got rid of it.

The 55.
48.jpg

The buried man on the right side of the tank.
51.jpg

I think I'll always like jars/pots and funky backgrounds too (as you can see with my 30 gallon).
15.jpg

If I ever get a large tank I wouldn't mind trying a sunken garden wall, possibly something with cracked decorative stonework.

The most tacky thing I've ever considered was designing a tank specifically for glofish that would look like the insides of a computer, with UV reactive airlines, etc

If I ever get a large tank I wouldn't mind trying a sunken garden wall, possibly something with cracked decorative stonework.

The most tacky thing I've ever considered was designing a tank specifically for glofish that would look like the insides of a computer, with UV reactive airlines, etc

:good: would love to see that effort

Most reactions

Back