Two New Guys!

Attachments

• BETTA2A.JPG
    BETTA2A.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 49
  • betta2.JPG
    betta2.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 52
I guess it could be particles of food. Maybe try posting on the emergency section see if anyone knows? They are both lovely

sometimes when my betta eats, bits of the food come out his gills. maybe he's eating too fast? i don't know. he's healthy and just fine, though.

Neither of them look as "bad" as I was expecting them to. Well done on taking them in. The tanks look good too. The first thing I thought of when you said about the "stuff" coming out of him was food. The pellets kind of dissolve the more the fish takes it in ...I'm no expert but thats my guess! I could be terribly wrong though so don't stop here keep asking, hopefully someone with more knowledge will reply.

Well, the blue betta (the one with the eating issue) must not be in any pain or anything, he blew me a bubble nest :). Stupid septicima, Cinders got it now, but I got some Maracyn 1 and 2 and im treating him with the 2 right now. Should help with fin rot as well.

I'm wondering if the septicima has anything to do with the white bits coming off of him? My other thought - could it be his slime coat? I know sometimes bettas will start producing more of a slime coat then they normally should....

Though what that looks like I haven't a clue :/

I'm wondering if the septicima has anything to do with the white bits coming off of him? My other thought - could it be his slime coat? I know sometimes bettas will start producing more of a slime coat then they normally should....

Though what that looks like I haven't a clue :/

Cinder, the whitish betta, has the septicimia, while the blue betta (i need a nameeeeee) had the bits of food, but Its stopped i believe.

Might want to research gill flukes, because that sometimes makes the gills produce extra mucous.

Good luck with the boys! :good:

Most reactions

Back