Trying To Breed My Cories

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:

DAY 3 - NEW PICTURES :)

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

I think I can definitely say they are peppered babies. Their colour is starting to develop and I also can not believe how much they have grown! - I'm obviously doing something right (or at least I hope I am!)

thank you! I'll have to try and keep taking a photo every 3 or 4 days then there's a record on here of the whole process for others to read later on :)

I've just set up their tank. The sand substrate is in (argos play sand £2.99 for 15 kilo bag)
IMG_0953.jpg

The bogwood I got for them is soaking in hot water and it's had a good scrub aswell.
IMG_0954.jpg

I'm doing as Harlequins said and leaving them in the bottle for another 4 or 5 days. By then the bogwood should be clean and sterile enough for them.
I've been on the hunt for bits of java moss today - it tends to settle in the filter corner in my main tank and float around in the fry tank.
IMG_0955.jpg

I've given the babies some fresh out of the main tank in their bottle just now for them to feed on fresh microscopic goodies :D

All is good :good: :hyper:

I really hope to deal with cories babies in my future and have been reading this with wide eyeballs :p Thats a sweet little setup for them. Will you run a filter in their when they grow big enough?

I really hope to deal with cories babies in my future and have been reading this with wide eyeballs :p Thats a sweet little setup for them. Will you run a filter in their when they grow big enough?

Yes, I've got a mini filter in my fry tank but right now they'd get sucked in. I think I'll keep them with the air stone for now and keep changing water daily.

and I hope you get the cory fry you want :)

I've just noticed the female peppered is looking very fat - full of eggs maybe?

If she lays some more can I put any eggs I collect in with the new cory fry or will they eat the eggs? Confused.com

Looking good :good:

Any new eggs you might get soon will be fine with these,as not much in age gap :)

If you're worried about it - if you do get eggs,you could add the fry to the tank and put the eggs in the bottle :good:

thanks Harlequins. I've been sat watching the cories for about an hour and they're definitely in spawning mood. I'm watching for egg laying with eagle eyes lol :lol:

Not seen any layed so far but they're so active it's hard to watch them all at once!

so, no new eggs last night so tonight they've had their favourite dinner - dried tubiflex - and they've gone crazy for it. The last time I found eggs they'd had tubiflex - fingers crossed for more tonight or tomorrow :D

here we go ... Go Cories!!!

IMG_0961.jpg

New eggs, newly layed (still very very sticky) x 3!!!

:hyper:

only 3 that I've spotted ... she'll of hidden some more. I spotted these on the underside of a tiny leaf

Yah!! more eggs :hyper:

No stopping them now :lol:

My tri's only laid a few eggs each time,and like you said they'll hide alot of them :rolleyes: nowt to worry about :)

Bet you got wee fry zipping about your undergrowth of plants :lol:

:kana: :yahoo: :hey: you're (they're) on a roll now! Can't wait for mine to grow up and start breeding! Really looking forward to having a fry tank and raising babies! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back