Treatments And Medications

Dave L

Reaction score
Hi all,

From time to time a fish keeper is going to need various treatments for different ailments whether it be for a fungal treatment or white spot or something.

I would think over time quite a collection would be built up. I was browsing through the different products today in a LFS and there were so many different treatments, the mind boggles.

I would like to pull together a few of the more commonly used treatments as an 'Aquarium First Aid Kit'. Could anyone suggest what items should make up the contents of the kit.

Many thanks

Dave.

yeah it's one of the things i recommend that beginners do

I keep the following in

Melafix
Pimafix
King British WS3
Myaxin

Between those it covers all your standard illnesses and any injuries, it's not practical to keep meds in to covere absolutley everything but that's a good list of the basics.

Obviously for the USA some will differ.

Waterlife Myxazin will treat whitespot, bacterial and fungal infections.
Waterlife Protozin will treat them as well as skin parasites like Costia and Trichodina.

If you want to keep liquid medications for a while then keep them cool, (but don't let them freeze). Put them in a container in the fridge and they will last a lot longer. Make sure children don't have access to the container or the medications because they are poisonous.

Triple Sulpher/ Tri Sulpha will treat most fungal and bacterial infections and some strains of whitespot. It is a tablet and should be kept dry to prevent it spoiling.

Thanks for the info MW and Colin,

That'll give me a head start. It was pretty bewildering seeing so many products in the LFS.

I'll start to put together a small First Aid Fridge Box.

Regards
Dave.

Most reactions

Back