tons of guppy fry

If you want too sell as fry they will be food :( most of the time ..... if you sell hwne they are grown up they wll be pets but alot of people dont like the work it takes too egt them too that size

If you can trade them to the LFS or local fish keepers is best. Shipping can kill you in the sale. I got free fish but most run from them cuase of the shipping cost.

willywonka099 said:
If you want too sell as fry they will be food :( most of the time ..... if you sell hwne they are grown up they wll be pets but alot of people dont like the work it takes too egt them too that size
It takes ~30 days to raise them up to a size when you can determine finnage and they begin to color up. A 30 day growout period is extremely short. Most of the fish I sell I growout for 4-5 months minimum.

nice one guppy :thumbs: can you post a pic of your tank and fish :thumbs:

JeremyD said:
willywonka099 said:
It takes ~30 days to raise them up to a size when you can determine finnage and they begin to color up. A 30 day growout period is extremely short. Most of the fish I sell I growout for 4-5 months minimum.
I was only stating that for a good growth rate it takes time ..... Yea guppies mature quicker

I grow my guppies to 2 months old and sell them to my lfs for store credit for $0.70 each, which I think is awesome! At 2 months they were a perfect size for them to sell, completely colored up but still some growing to do. The first time I took him some, I took 34 (with the males and females seperated, which I did at about 3-4 weeks). So I made some good money off them which I've used for food since. I have another batch growing out now that are 1 month, so in another month I'll have about 45 to take him, and he's already said he'll take all I can bring him. He's already sold the last batch I brought him, he said they sold quickly.

And the best part is the parents were just a basic pair I bought from that shop for $3.59 (or whatever the cost was), so they aren't anything special (not show quality or anything). The female I got has had 4 batches of fry so far with every batch being between 50-70 fry. I growout every other batch and the inbetween batch is feeders for my community tank.

So anyway, my point is, it's easy to grow them to an appropriate size that fish shops may be willing to buy from you for a descent amount of store credit (or even cash).

Linda

Most reactions

Back