Thought You Might Like To Know......

Hmmm....mind if I recap this to make sure I understand?

Once the AOB's are processing a decent amount of ammonia in 12 hours, I will have a nitrite spike. Once I notice that the spike is coming down...I should do a big water change and cut back the amount of ammonia to 2ppm. According to what he's saying, NOT doing the water change is kinda leaving the NOB's with a sinkful of dishes to wash and no help with putting them away making the chore take longer than it should have to

Your nitrite spike will start now. As soon as the AOBs start processing the ammonia, you will have nitrite. So long as the nitrite level is rising, you can otherwise ignore it until you have the AOBs processing 4ppm in under 12 hrs. When you do, do a big water change to bring nitrite down to a measurable level, and cut back ammonia to 2ppm. This will help the NOBs with their "sinkful of dishes", and hopefully speed up your cycle somewhat.

Then, once nitrite falls back to 0, crank up ammonia to 4ppm again. The AOBs and NOBs will take a day or 2 to catch up. You are then striving for the ultimate goal:- To add 4ppm ammonia, and test 12 hours later and get results of ammonia 0 and nitrite 0. That means you are cycled. :good:

Yay! And can't say the next things to think about any better than BTT did.. agreement from here.

~~waterdrop~~
ps. see how good it feels to hang in there and do it right?

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

I just wanted to say a big fat THANK YOU to all of you who have been so SUPER patient with me and my LACK OF patience!!! I really appreciate all the help and time you all have given me. Im sure it may be a bit obvious to some that I have an obsessive streak a mile wide but I promise now that I have a start ...that nasty little obsessive monster in me will be tamed a bit :). Again, Just a HUGE thank you to waterdrop, backtotropical, tolak, miss wiggle, and EVERYONE else that took the time to encourage and help me get this party started.

woooo gewt this party started :lol:

chuffed it's happenening for you Lioness, thought we were gonna loose you for a while back there! (I'm in a slightly strange mood today, in my head this is like some sort of nam film and we've got through the night and the choppers just radio'd to say they're coming to get us :look: )

Most reactions

Back