The Best Of Aquabid

:hyper: This guy looks like... well, he's got an extremely short body :/ I wonder if that causes any problems?
Nope, it doesn't :). I have one like that and just bred him... very successfully I might add, now that the fry are free-swimming I think there may be 300-400. Apparently he's quite the Casanova :S. That body type is becoming popular in Thailand, presumably because of the popularity of short-bodied flowerhorns, but it has been popping up occasionally in spawns for a long time. It is a disqualifying fault by IBC standards, but that may change in the future due to the recent surge of popularity.

Number 1 that furryrabbit posted actually has no tail, I've already emailed the seller about it after seeing it on another forum. It's the only one he has, and presumably a genetic mutation... I've already made an offer for it, there's no way I was paying $100, but I am interested just for the novelty of it. :hey:

That female has finnage out the wazoo!! She wouldn't show well, females with too much male finnage are not desirable, but she's GORGEOUS none the less.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and bettas having no dorsal is a pretty common thing that pops up randomly in spawns sometimes. I had one temporarily because I let the person who bought it combine it in a shipment of mine, and someone on another forum currently has a male with no dorsal.

No caudal peduncle either, looks like that whole section of spine is missing.

just browsing aquabid when i saw this

pk male

why is he $100 - h doesnt look too special to me ? is there something i am missing ?

and he is " at least 9 months old " wtf! why would anyone pay that much for a betta whos not spectacular?

pk male

why is he $100 - h doesnt look too special to me ? is there something i am missing ?

and he is " at least 9 months old " wtf! why would anyone pay that much for a betta whos not spectacular?
I don't know, but he kinda looks like a fighter?

pk male

I don't know, but he kinda looks like a fighter?

theres seems to be alot of other pk's going for much cheaper? are vietnamese bettas more special or something?

fwbettashm1156922579.jpg

:hyper:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...ashm&1156922579

PK is not fighter...
That one is, yeah. You can't call it a fighter on Aquabid or you will get your account suspended, but when they talk about it coming from specific bloodlines that's what it is.

It's $100 because it's not a single male, the auction is for 4 fish from that line. :)

Most reactions

Back