The Best Of Aquabid

That white one is awesome!!!

Here's a handsome giant plakat.
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...shmp&1154361920

fwbettashmp1154361920.jpg

Is it me or does that betta seem to have a kink in the forebase of his tail? :crazy:

Bret

Yeah. I noticed that too, but I still think he's cute. Looks like he has some issues with his scales as well. I would never purchase a fish like that unless I was going to keep him specifically as a pet. :good:

it does look weird, but i think maybe it's just the infamous "betta wiggle". you know how they do that S curve dance when they are facing off with another male (or their reflection), or flirting with a girl?

Yea, I dont know. Looks more like a fault to me. I'd get it as a pet, he's a looker. Too bad I'm first trying to find a tank and then get my bettas sister that they have at my LFS(they've had my females sister for over a month)

Im thinking that the guy is a OHM But the person decided to do surgery on him and turn him into a perfect 180 like they do surgerys on arrowanas

bettas4me -- Yep, that's the seller I got mine from! There sure are a lot of these fish popping up lately, I think they are getting very popular in Thailand. Short-bodied flowerhorns are popular too.

What fish are you talking about, Wisperian? Being OHM isn't a fault, I don't see why anyone would care enough to trim the fins for that...

bettas4me -- Yep, that's the seller I got mine from! There sure are a lot of these fish popping up lately, I think they are getting very popular in Thailand. Short-bodied flowerhorns are popular too.

What fish are you talking about, Wisperian? Being OHM isn't a fault, I don't see why anyone would care enough to trim the fins for that...

The pic of the last short body HM. I know OHM isnt a fault but the arrowana surgery thing came into my mind and I was told that they sometimes do cosmetic surgery on bettas too

Well, they usually do it to increase caudal spread, not decrease it... if you're talking about how the rays on the edges of his fins are shorter, that actually is a slight fault for HMs.

my thoughts, exactly, synirr

hmm... last two fish i've posted, i'm beginning to see a pattern... apparently i like black and red plakats :lol:

Most reactions

Back