The Amazing Adventures of Jamnog

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I know nothing about firemouths. They are beautiful fish shoaling like that. But alas, I don't have any info for you. Oh, and by the way, my name may fool you, since there is "CichlidMaster," but I am no expert, just a "Freak." Merriam-Webster defines freak as "an ardent enthusiast ." I just LOVE cichlids. But, in my love of cichlids, ocasionally, I learn a thing or two, and I stress ocasionally. This knowlege I gladly share with all fellow "freaks."

P.S. Thanks for the compliment in confidence of my opinion.

oh well i know that cm is the one with loads of tanks full of cichlids in his garage i will probably ask him for some advice in general forum. thanks for the replys id have to say that im a fan of cichlids im thinking of breeding theasae ones but not for a few months i want to be shure they are settled before anything else happens.

anyway enough of this nonsence i cant seem to get rid of the green tinge thats on thease photos im shure its something to do with the lighting or the camera ive cleaned the tank of alge and its no where near this green. i suppose i will just have to go to the pub and forget about it for a while also i dont think the camera was verry good that they sold me :(

Attachments

• monkeytemp8.jpeg
    monkeytemp8.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 62
cheers tanked i think i want more plants next weekend im gonna think about going further afeild for them this time tho.

Jamnog,

what kind of camera is it? are you using the zoom? if so dont, just get closer to the tank. have all outside light sources off (best at night) use the flash have your tank light on and hold the camera at a slight 2-33 degree angle from the tank face. I have had best luck with that. my camera is a little cheap Nikon. (cool pix 2100) I manage to get fantastic pics out of it athough it took much trial and error to figure out the right condtions for great photos.

thanks tanked its a hp photo smart 120 the guy in the shop had a better one for the same price but he wouldnt sell it to me because it was display then the stupid monkey goes and sells me the cheepo one ex display pc world sux btw anyways it said it was 1 million pixelsso i thaught it would be much better than my web cam plus it had auto focus and some other stuff. should have spent the extra 30 pound oh well. this is opne from day time i will try it tonight.

Attachments

• post_22_1054376981.jpeg
    post_22_1054376981.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 54
I looked up the specs on that camera and it only has digital zoom, not optical. are you using zoom? if so try with out it. digital zoom distorts images.

nah ive tried it on zoom and the pic is even worse but its not that ive got it on top quality i think its just another case of should have spent a tiny bit more money for a much better camera. should have got it online also im thinking would have got a much better deal.

ok here is my latest aquazition it measures 48"x15"x20" tho there is a gap of about 2" on the top so big i cant fit it on the picture lol

Attachments

• empty1.jpg
    empty1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 55
:eek: Medic, Medic! I think we have a bad case of MTS over here! :D Anyone seen a Medic?

Very cool Jamnog. Glad to see how it is coming along. And I will expect a full report on the process with the new aquisition, complete with photographic evidence. :hyper: Oh, and congrats!

yep your quite correct i have lost it and full blown mts has taken hold im going to be rash and start a different tank for the cichlids and the puffers anyways i have to get all the other stuff that you normally assotiate with tanks like a filter and heater and stuff

Attachments

• IM000112.JPG
    IM000112.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 55
Hi Jamnog,

I've also got a HP photosmart 318. But when i take pics, loads of mine turn out grainy as well. DOnt know why, but sometimes they are mint. So all i do is take about 5 pics of the same thing and pick the best. Dunno if your has it, but you've selected the best setting?

I just found out it can zoom :) I must have had it for a year! I thought the zoom was only for the taken pics.

the zoom is only di9ital with mine tho :( and its a bit rubbish i think its something to do with the brightness of the situation probably designed with holiday makers in mind. they should bring out a camera just for fish tank owners i think.

Most reactions

Back