The Amazing Adventures of Jamnog

cool ive got my very own stalker. some one from my days in uni no less good to meet you again

hehe i spoke to my stalker on the phone it turns out it was one of my best friends mush from uni what a blast from the past good to get back incontact again. i must say i was worried it might be duncan (the loon) but it was one of the good loonys. i would star to explain but it would take so long and i dont think i would really get anything out of it hence to say this new member is one of my old friends so dont be frightened ...well not more than you would be of me... and so as not to waste this post i will add... a picture of my tank

Attachments

• totmzalpha.jpg
    totmzalpha.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 71
The tanks looking good jamnog but im afraid ive got bad news,the plant at the back with the white edges to its leaves isnt a aquatic plant,its one of the Dracaena species,most likely D.sanderiana.It will grow well in a moist pot on a window cill but will rot and push your nitrates up when left under water.

i thaught that when i got it from the cardiff shop but it was completly submerged at the time... i should take it out and see how it does out of water. its the second time ive seen it on the forum i saw it in how does your garden grow but im not shure whos tank i thing it was about the time puffer had a plant that was growing out of the top of his tank. i will take it out and see how it does.
edit : i have since taken it out

Hey Jamnog -
First you had a stalker --- now you have a fan. Your fishtank is so awesome. It was really interesting to watch it come to life. I have a 20 gal with plastic plants I may have to do something about that. Well thanks for sharing your pics!
Moe

how can u have the crabs in th tank? dont they have to go up and get air? if not i am going to go get me one!! i have been looking at them in the pet store for a year and always thought they had to live in and out of the water.

cool ive been away as they suddenly came into a load of work in work and ive been busy doing that. the crab doesnt need air but a floating island is a good idea as they like to be able to get out of the water when they are bullied by the other fishand they are sencitive to nitrates much more so than fish so they can be a good indicator of any potensial problem. the main problem is them escapeing out of the top of the tank you need to cover all the wholes. one other thing they become terratorial and will fight other crabs so dont get more than two and if you get two try and make shure they are male and female. as for the fan woo hoo nice to know i have a fan glad if i have inspired you a little hope to do a major update soon not much has happened as ive been devoting my time to the now quite large shoel of comon jewel cichlids that came out of a pair. they ruined all my plans as i had to stick many incompatible fish in together. they get allong ok tho for now... i might need another three tanks the way this is going and thats with out getting more fish. i think cfc might have been right about cichlids :)

Hey jamnog did you buy them red rocks or find them?

oh and what wood is in your fishtank?

aswell plz pm me back plz.

no idea how I missed this thread. I didn't have the chance to read the book... but FOM on the crab on the top of a skinny leaf!!!

Most reactions

Back