That Loving Feeling. :)

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PrairieSunflower

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Mr Jelly and Amelia have been busy courting this morning.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz_rYmcOuNk&feature=youtu.be[/media]

It must be LOVE, love loveeeeee

To keep up the musical theme, is Mr Jelly forever blowing bubbles?

I wish I had the means to add thought bubbles to it as I like the beginning... Mr Jelly is showing his awesomeness and it is like he is thinking "wait!  she isn;t looking... Looking now resume the pose"  LOL

Did you do anything special to encourage them to breed, or did it just happen? I have a new pair, had them about a week now and wondering what it takes to get them to breed...

Nothing that I am aware of.  I had them about 3 weeks when they paired and layed eggs the first time (which were eaten by assassin snails).  This time I'm not sure if some eggs are still there or were eaten again... I think at least some were.

My male also chose the bigger gentler female rather than the smaller one with loads of attitude.

UPDATE:  I have officially seen babies hiding under the leaves!!  No idea if they will survive as the little bit I know makes it sound like it is complicated for them to develop those labyrinth organs... any advice welcome!  Mr Jelly is SO protective of them that they two females aren't currently even allowed out of hiding.

I didn't realize it was possible for babies to be so small... a fraction of the size of guppy fry!  Amazing... so my camera couldn't even capture any real detail... but a photo anyway!

october112013_zps6ac2a672.jpg

I did read something about separating the male at some point so he doesn't eat them... I'm not looking to separate him as I am not really looking to breed... but if one or two should survive that would be cool.

Wow, so cute and tiny!

Sorry can't offer any advice, never bred mine before.

Keep us updated with pics though please :)

Check this out!!! I literally used up my camera batteries taking so many photos in hopes that one would turn out (cheap camera)... and got this!!!  I measured the leaf behind this baby and it measures 14mm in length.

october112013-01_zps16b1347c.jpg

Amazing! Not long after I made the previous post I noticed my male doing the nose up tail down dance in front of my female...and there are a few little bubble nests amongst my ambulia. We might get there soon!

Most reactions

Back