Tetra swimming weirdly

From the article looks like she scatters the eggs, waiting to be fertilised by males. If she lays the eggs in the temp tank the eggs won’t be fertilised so I can put her back in main tank after.
If you really want to breed, then do so. If not, add her back into the tank and don’t worry about the fry. I’m pretty sure you have to remove the fry, so the adults don’t eat them.

Pregnant fish feel happier when on their own when you can make the surroundings similar to what they're used to.
I brought this electric air pump off amazon and it was good cycling my 5 gallon, always handy to keep in ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G8AC1V6/?tag=
Yes, you can get them for really cheap at sporting good stores - they are located in the “fishing” section. Very handy to have. :nod:

If you really want to breed, then do so. If not, add her back into the tank and don’t worry about the fry. I’m pretty sure you have to remove the fry, so the adults don’t eat them.
Yes, but the barbs might :)

I don’t want to breed as I am already very highly stocked so waiting for her to spawn in the temp tank then I will relocate her back to main tank. That way it will ensure that non of the eggs are fertilised. Unless I’m missing something ?

Pregnant fish feel happier when on their own when you can make the surroundings similar to what they're used to.
I brought this electric air pump off amazon and it was good cycling my 5 gallon, always handy to keep in ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G8AC1V6/?tag=
Yes, I’ve ordered battery powered one from Amazon. Figure I don’t need powerful one as the temp tank is really small (3L) and it’s easier to relocate with battery powered pump.

Yes, I’ve ordered battery powered one from Amazon. Figure I don’t need powerful one as the temp tank is really small (3L) and it’s easier to relocate with battery powered pump.
I've got 3 battery ones as well, had them ages as you never know regarding power cuts.

Will do ;) Should’ve requested male only but I was under impression it’s easier to control population of non live bearers.
Never heard that before, since i started it's always been males but i do have a few females amongst my 10 corys.

Never heard that before, since i started it's always been males but i do have a few females amongst my 10 corys.
I have corydoras too and I think 2-3 of them are female (peppered). Hard to tell sex of pandas though. I think corydoras lays the eggs of the glass.

Most reactions

Back