Tank Choices - Advice Please

JimmyMature

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have decided on one the the two tanks below. Any advice, opinions, known problems etc. would be greatly appreciate:

Fuval Vicenza 260 or

Juwel Vision 260 Bow Front

Thanks in advance guys.

Jim

The fluval did have (althought not sure if they still do) problems with condensation running down the glass due to the not very well sealed hood section to tank, however this was easily rectified by using extra sealant yourself around the glass/hood before filling.

But as I say this was on the newer version when it first came out, I assume they have now resolved that issue.

i have a fluval 180 and have had no problems yet! When i was buying mine, it seemed that juwel were much more expensive, with my LFS boasting 'made in germany'. But as for value, my fluval came in at £279 with cabinet included at pets at home, and if i remember correctly the fluval 260 came in at about £419 at pets at home if you live in the uk! Seems cheap to me!

The fluval did have (althought not sure if they still do) problems with condensation running down the glass due to the not very well sealed hood section to tank, however this was easily rectified by using extra sealant yourself around the glass/hood before filling.

But as I say this was on the newer version when it first came out, I assume they have now resolved that issue.

Someone just had this exact problem http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=270787

I've had several Juwel tanks (not had the 260 though) and have never had a problem with them. Saying that, I've never had one of the fluval's. Think it comes down to which one fits in with your home decor more.

Yeah the reason I mentioned it, was because I had the problem on a roma, after a couple of months the condensation leak became so bad it was starting to distort the stand where the water ran down, I called Hagen, who said turn the heating down! (Hello tropical fish), dont use an airstone or take out the water and use more sealant. I informed them that this wasnt an option and give them their dues, they replaced the tank, the problem did not occur on the newer tank, however I have since sold it on and so cant say it didnt happen again over time.

Most reactions

Back