Take a look tell me what ya think

dvd: its a very low grade flowerhorn, its about 90% trimac and 10% flowerhorn, there sold arcoss the world as flowerhorns for anything between $15 - $30.
Im suprized you notice flowerhorn in it as no one has before. The looks are almost 100% trimac.

Ok VIP. Can you tell me the size of the pleco which you cant identify?

Im sure it is a bristlenose still. click on the link below and you will the similaritys between yours and mine.

Take a look at my bristlenose

Yeah its the same as mine. I have done some research after your first post, and seems as though you are correct, its a Bristle Nose catfish, and its a female.
At the moment she is about 2.5", im told that female dont have long bristles around there mouths like the male, and also they are pretty easy to breed as well.

:kewlpics: nitro.

Attachments

• 000_0238.JPG
    000_0238.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 54
Hi Vip,

I'm fairly new to the fish world so I'm still sorting out some of the terminology. Would you mind explaining what you mean by "dither fish"? Thanks a lot (sorry for my ignorance!) I enjoyed looking at your pictures- you must have put a lot of time and money into your aquariums! I hope you can get all of your aquariums up and running soon.

z.

zeland tanks for the reply :) a dither fish is a none-agressive fish that we use for our agressive to take out there anger on and chase around the tank, the reason we do this is because we want them to chase a ugly fish rather than fight with one of our nice fish and stress them out. Breeders also use them but call them taget fish, really the word says it all they are used as a target for the perants who have the babies.

Thanks for clarifying, Vip. I only have a community tank so hadn't realized before that keeping aggressive fish would also require keeping dither fish- it makes sense now. No need to name them all though, I guess. :)

z.

Most reactions

Back