Tail Biting Or Fit Rot?

Bristlenose1804

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys
How do you tell if a betta is biting his tail or if its fin rot?
I have a tank divided into 3 with 2 super deltas and a veil fin

the 2 super deltas tails look all shabby and horrid esp my gorgeous purple and gold one(hes my pride and looks a mess

the veil tail looks completly normal nothing at all wrong with his fins

If anyone knows what the problem is please let me know and also how to deal with it

Hi guys
How do you tell if a betta is biting his tail or if its fin rot?
I have a tank divided into 3 with 2 super deltas and a veil fin

the 2 super deltas tails look all shabby and horrid esp my gorgeous purple and gold one(hes my pride and looks a mess

the veil tail looks completly normal nothing at all wrong with his fins

If anyone knows what the problem is please let me know and also how to deal with it

Not sure of a solution, but my Betta likes to bite his tail off. I'll often see him slowly circling around to reach his tail then taking a quick bite out of it. It's really frustrating to have him all torn up for no reason.

If it's fin rot, it will slowly get worse and worse every day - and the edges will be less jagged. Some Bettas also have black on the edge where the fin rot is affecting them. If they're biting, you will suddenly notice chunks missing, and it'll be more jagged.

If it's fin rot OR tail biting, medicate with salt and clean water, or Bettafix if you'd like. Either way, you should be doing more water changes, and try to obstruct their view of each other with thicker mesh on the dividers.

Most reactions

Back