Sub Forums

A problem with a predatory section is crossover. Where would one post about an RTC? In Catfish (other) or into the new pred section? Also, what about any characins or other fish that are predatory?

I like the idea of a predatory forum, they are the few FW fish that hold any real interest for me (and I would love to see a SW pred forum, but that is miles off, what with there being about 4-5 keepers on here) but a decision on what goes where would need to be made.

I do agree there is quite a drain of people disappearing from the forum once they move into more "advanced" fishkeeping.

A problem with a predatory section is crossover. Where would one post about an RTC? In Catfish (other) or into the new pred section? Also, what about any characins or other fish that are predatory?

This was a further worry of mine. Maybe we should create a completely seperate forum for "Predatory Fish" and leave oddballs as it is? Then explain in the Forum Description bit that it is specifically for predatory fish or the care of them, and that any other oddballs should go to the normal oddballs section.

I don't think this would cause much confusion as I think it would be clear that it is a very specific forum and if people in doubt had such predatory fish I'm sure they would know about it.

This was a further worry of mine. Maybe we should create a completely seperate forum for "Predatory Fish" and leave oddballs as it is? Then explain in the Forum Description bit that it is specifically for predatory fish or the care of them, and that any other oddballs should go to the normal oddballs section.

I don't think this would cause much confusion as I think it would be clear that it is a very specific forum and if people in doubt had such predatory fish I'm sure they would know about it.
i second that.

oh and i dont mean to hijack but since its on the same (almost) issue, would be it okay to have an angel/discus sub forum?

While we're at it is there any chance of having the sub forum 'plecos and other loricarids' spelt correctly. Loricariids has two i's.

I think a better idea would be a large tank subforum. Arrowanas and stingrays both fit in there.. and you could cut it off at a certain volume.

I think a better idea would be a large tank subforum. Arrowanas and stingrays both fit in there.. and you could cut it off at a certain volume.

Indeed they would fit in there, but I still think predatory fish should have their own forum. With the above suggestion a huge tank of guppies would be in the same forum as a huge tank of predators.

We are still churning this idea around. Please continue to make replies on this subject (whether for or against), they are greatly appreciated for our discussion and will have an impact in the decision.

p.s. there is now a third i in loricariids- sorry about that!

Personally id like to see african cichlids broken down into rift lake\riverine - I could personally offer a lot of info in the west african sub group;

oh and the biotope section is a good idea (off topic ish...)

craig :rolleyes:

I think you could do well splitting oddballs into some slightly more specific groups. A puffer forum could go down well, but then you have the problems of it crossing over with the brackish (and even marine) sections on some of the fish.

It would be good to see a larger predator forum for the likes of aros and rays. Maybe split oddballs into larger preds, and smaller oddities?

I think you could do well splitting oddballs into some slightly more specific groups. A puffer forum could go down well, but then you have the problems of it crossing over with the brackish (and even marine) sections on some of the fish.

It would be good to see a larger predator forum for the likes of aros and rays. Maybe split oddballs into larger preds, and smaller oddities?

The puffer one though, people often don't know whether they have brackish or fresh when they first get them. It'd be a great place for people to post about their puffer, and those that have experience can point them in the right direction for looking after it.

it makes sense, and first time keepers would know where they should seek for help.

I know the title of this topic is "Sub forums" but it is specific on oddballs so I think any comments on other requests such as african cichlids should be given another topic if you feel that strongly about it :/ That way it saves the thread being hijacked and if it goes off topic the task at hand could get lost.

i second that.

oh and i dont mean to hijack but since its on the same (almost) issue, would be it okay to have an angel/discus sub forum?

While we're at it is there any chance of having the sub forum 'plecos and other loricarids' spelt correctly. Loricariids has two i's.

bum smacked..... :unsure: :unsure:

We hope to unveil something over the next 24 hours regarding predatory fish.

woohoo! Thanks William (and the mods), can't wait for the unveiling! :D

Most reactions

Back