Stock List

Ceramicbull

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The tank would be 30G, with a Marineland penguin 200 filter (only because it comes as part of a deal). Here is what we are looking at in terms of inhabitants:

1 x Dull Eyed Royal Pleco (Panaque sp. (L191))
10 x (adult) Harlequin Rasbora (Trigonostigma heteromorpha)
2 x (adult) Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia)
2 x (adult) Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus)

The royal pleco is about the only fish I am completely inflexible on. Will the filter be able to handle this load? It's supposed to be good for up to 50G, but I've heard bad things about "bio-wheels", though I can't remember where.

Thanks for the suggestions, those all look pretty much like what I'm looking for in a Panaque, but without the size. Thanks for pointing that out before I did something dumb. I love the Panaque shape.

Since i won't have quite as large of a plec on the bottom, I'm tempted to try to rework it with a shoal of corys or loaches. Would those other Panaque species accept competition on the bottom, or should I stick to mid/top fish like hatchets or perhaps more Rams?

Alright, current revision:

10 x Harlequin Rasbora (Trigonostigma heteromorpha)
3 x Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia)
2 x Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus)
1 x Tiger Pleco L002 (Peckoltia vittata L002)
1 x Betta [Female] (Betta splendens)

I've done some reading, and it sounds like Female Bettas and Dwarf Gourami's can cohabitate, and the more gouramis the better. Also, females are better than males in this situation. Would one male be tolerable or would it be best that I keep these all female?

The L002 isnt a panaque, Id recommend getting a L162 Clown Panaque or a L204 Flash Panaque, both are suitable for a 30G tank

Alright, current revision. Removed the Rams and Gouramis to remove all doubt. Changed the pleco to a true Panaque, and reduced the rasbora shoal to make room for more fish.

1 x Clown Pleco (Panaque maccus)
8 x Harlequin Rasbora (Trigonostigma heteromorpha)
1 x Betta [Female] (Betta splendens)
8 x Pacific Blue Eye aka "Signifier rainbow" (Pseudomugil signifer)
4 x Emerald Green Brochis aka "Emerald Green Cory" (Brochis splendens)

Now the Betta has the top level all to herself, and the aquarium will have plenty of peaceful, little fish. So long as this isn't overcrowded, it should be peaceful and colorful. So, is this doable?

Thats a great stock list!
Just make sure you provide some driftwood/bogwood for the L162 Clown Pleco, its very important.
And I dont see why you cant add 2 more Harlequins and 2 more Rainbowfishes

Most reactions

Back