Some flower pics I took today

FishEnthusiast

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I was outside with my daughter today and decided to take some pics of our slightly overgrown garden.

When we moved in we didn't even know we had rose bushes. Except for the 15 foot one in front of our living room window. The garden was literally 10 feet tall with weeds and over grown vegetation. We have cleared most of it out, and in the process discovered lots of rose bushes.

I also planted a "butterfly garden" for my daughter to take care of. It is essentially wild flowers, but very pretty all the same.

Enough talking(typing). Here are the pics

Roses:

rosebud.jpg

prettyroses.jpg

niceshot.jpg

nice.jpg

bedofroses.jpg

babyroses.jpg

I don't know what most of these are. They could be weeds for all I know. We tried our best to clean the garden out, but we are total garden newbs and know nothing. The seeds my daughter planted were various wildflowers, so I am assuming that is what most of these are

prettyflowers.jpg

prettyflower.jpg

orangepoppy.jpg

orangeflower.jpg

notherboyandgirl.jpg

extremecloseup.jpg

boyandgirlflower.jpg

blueflowers.jpg

blueflower.jpg

bloomingpoppy.jpg

Thanks for looking

I like that one too. My roses are all pink, so it is obvious they started from the same bush. All the bushes were trimmed back in the fall, so their tops are all flowers.

i like that rose one as well...and the last pic,it's very artistic and unique!

I am honoured that you think so BlueIce. That is quite a compliment coming from you, your pictures are amazing. Thanks.

We are total newbs, this is our first house. We had a balcony garden last year in our apartment. It looked really good, hanging baskets everywhere. Then we moved here. To almost an acre of overgrown garden. Apparantly 10-15 years ago a couple owned this house, and had a garden paradise in the back. It is sad to see it this way now. Nobody has cared for it since that couple moved out. This year we haven't had the time to get the garden the way we like. We are moving in the next couple of months, and didn't want to spend too much money on a garden we won't enjoy next year.

The nice pictures can be attributed to my really nice camera. My mother spoiled me when I graduated from college. It takes beautiful pictures.

Most reactions

Back