So many to choose from!!??

hello everyone! Wow this post has grown since last night!! I've read thru everything, its all very helpful (even the not so nice bits, at least it shows you really care about fish welfare) so thank you :) I think maybe one more fish will be ok, providing its small and friendly :) As for dwarf angelfish not existing, i did a little research and found some info no problem!

The dwarf angelfish family is not that of stunted or growth inhibited fish. These little fish possess all the energy and attitude as their larger cousins, they are just simply compacted into a scaled down version.The dwarf angels, rarely get to be over 10 cm. (4 inches) and adapt well to aquarium life.Angelfish come in all colors and sizes. They range from 4 inches (10 cm) to 24 inches (60 cm)

My Anglefish is doing fine, eating well and getting along well with my other fish. So far the angelfish has not nipped or even attempted to nip any of my other fish and it shows a mellow attitude. I have heard all fish have different personalities, maybe my fish is just a nice one. I will however be keeping a close eye on it just in case, and if it should start any funny business then i will not be keeping it.

um... you are correct that Pterophyllum leopoldi only reaches about 10 cm in length, but odds are very good that isn't what kind of fish you have. a quick test for this is what store did you buy the fish from and about how much did you pay for it?

rare fish like Pterophyllum leopoldi aren't typically seen in stores not specializing in fish. they also won't go for cheap--at absolute minimum 10 pounds per fish.

beyond that, P. leopoldi don't really look like your normal angels. the body is much more vertically compact and, true to the common name, they have much longer "noses" than the typical P. scalare.

Well, it may be a different species, but a 4'' fish has no place in a 5g tank. Especially not with all those other fish.

Most reactions

Back