Snails?

finalfantay85

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok this is confusing me slightly. I've taken all the live plants out of my tank because they were looking rather tatty and iffy and i've not replaced them yet but now i've got snails in the tank.
I know that snails usually come in on the plants but the whole time there were plants in there i had no snails but now almost a week after the last plant has been removed they've shown up.
Any ideas/suggestions?
Ta

One or two small snails came on the plants that you didn't notice, laid eggs, eggs just recently hatched and now you have enough snails to notice plus the original snails have grown and there's less cover for them to hide in.

Simple :). Don't worry though, snails aren't a problem :good:.

It's always the simple answers that i overlook lol. And there was me thinking there was some consipiracy theory to put snails in my tank haha. :lol: :lol:
Thanks for pointing the obvious answer out :) i feel slightly daft now ha

Ha ha, I snuck in especially a few weeks ago to infest your tank with snails and utterly confuse you...!

But seriously, they've probably been around for a while, minding their own business, staying out of the way. =)

Curse you Lucky5tar5!!! lol
I'm surprised that my guppies haven't turned them into a snack yet tho cos they seem to think anything is food, whether is is fish flakes or a breeding trap. If it's in the water is has to be food in their eyes lol

Most reactions

Back