Smallest Betta I Have Ever Seen, And Purchased! With Pictures!

Fantastic fish Keith, he's looking great, you should be very proud :nod: most defo a male :good:

what a wonderful thread, Its great to see how he grew, well done. Very beautiful boy, might be a superdelta who knows...we'll see, have you named him?

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Looks so handsome.

Funny that the betta ended up being a male. If you remember, I also brought home a super small betta who first needed food crushed up. She is about 1" long and still is pale like yours was. I cannot see the egg spot yet and sometimes wonder if the fish is actually a male. Only time will tell. Also, seems like the beard goes around the bottom. The fish is pinkish though. lol

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Looks so handsome.

Funny that the betta ended up being a male. If you remember, I also brought home a super small betta who first needed food crushed up. She is about 1" long and still is pale like yours was. I cannot see the egg spot yet and sometimes wonder if the fish is actually a male. Only time will tell. Also, seems like the beard goes around the bottom. The fish is pinkish though. lol

Yep, definitely a boy. He's growing up to be a lovely fish too. I had a plakat that was tiny like that. Never grew past 1.3 inches or so, icluding the tail. He had a deformed gill plate too. Ended up living a long time.

Great find.

what a wonderful thread, Its great to see how he grew, well done. Very beautiful boy, might be a superdelta who knows...we'll see, have you named him?

I looked at super deltas and yeah love the tails, hope he gets that big eventually, he is full of surprises! I named him Guppy, cause even though he will sometimes flare he is rather peaceful for a male actually. :)

I haven't forgotten about a new picture update, he is still growing and getting more color each day, so I want to wait till he is fully grown to post his final picture! I just didnt want the topic to get bumped so much I couldnt post again.
I'd say end of July he should be done growing, i'll have to wait and see.

You got yourself a fair deal there, reading the start of this thread I would have said male from the get-go but I missed it (dunno how).

Brilliant example at how well males can be masked as females from a juvvie age. I'd put him at around 4 - 5 months, by the looks of him. Has he been named?

He is a very gorgeous fish!

Those last pictures were from 2 1/2 months ago, he is bigger now and still growing slowly. His name is Guppy. How could you tell he was a male when he was young, what gave it away, I dont see how everyone knew?

his anal fin and body shape gave it away. Don't worry, it's a trick you pick up when keeping male and female bettas :good: if you asked me 5 months ago, i wouldn't of had a foggy lol

Ah ok, that's a big help I could google betta images and compare that way eventually I will figure it out. :)

Here is Guppy now, a big boy! He's so hard to photograph but I think they are good pics!
older.jpg

big-1.jpg

beard.jpg

Yeah it's so hard to believe he was so small! Does anyone think he is still a Delta tail or Super delta? His fins weren't quite open 100% in the photos.

Most reactions

Back