Smallest Betta I Have Ever Seen, And Purchased! With Pictures!

Well what a little Gem, isn't she/he a sweetie, congrats on your new fry, x

She's adorable! My first female betta was little like that too when I brought her home (and I had to crush up her food). She's still "petite." Just a bit of info. . . I keep my bettas in a variety of size tanks ranging from a 2-gallon bowl to a 10-gallon tank. All are happy, but that little female betta had the same stress lines as yours until I moved her into the large tank by herself. None of my other bettas, including the male in the 2-gallon, have that problem. Something about them being so little when sold means they're always going to be a bit more delicate, IMO.

One thing I've done to train my bettas to not stress over water changes - which you may want to try with your little one, is I ALWAYS give them a blood worm after the water changes. They associate water changes with a yummy snack. ;)

She's adorable! My first female betta was little like that too when I brought her home (and I had to crush up her food). She's still "petite." Just a bit of info. . . I keep my bettas in a variety of size tanks ranging from a 2-gallon bowl to a 10-gallon tank. All are happy, but that little female betta had the same stress lines as yours until I moved her into the large tank by herself. None of my other bettas, including the male in the 2-gallon, have that problem. Something about them being so little when sold means they're always going to be a bit more delicate, IMO.

One thing I've done to train my bettas to not stress over water changes - which you may want to try with your little one, is I ALWAYS give them a blood worm after the water changes. They associate water changes with a yummy snack. ;)

I'm hoping it's a she and she stays small like this, boy or girl it's a cute looking betta. :)

I'm hoping it's a she and she stays small like this, boy or girl it's a cute looking betta. :)
Yes, when they're little, they're so cute. My female bettas both have names, but their shared nickname is "girly girl," even though they bite! lol

Just wanted to add new pictures, the betta is eating a lot so it's filling out now, funny though with the color, depending on the angle the color gets lighter/darker.

guppy.jpg

guppy2-1.jpg

Hi keithp :)

I'm glad she's doing well. She is looking really good now. :D

Sometimes, the stripes on the betta completely disappear, so it's able to make them show up or go away, and at times can make it's color more vibrant or dull, such as when it's eats it's color gets more vibrant I guess from excitement. I'm guessing soon the stripes will go away for good, like a sign it's growing out of childhood. :)

i thought those were stress stripes?

Every photo of young betta fry I see they have 2 dark stripes that fade away eventually when they become young adults. As adults they only show the stripes when they are stressed or breeding, or so i've heard. I was told my betta is young still.

Ahww. That certainly is adorable!!! && Yeahh, she prolly is just like a young betta. The stores should not be accepting those bettas that young. Just give her sometime and keep track of how big she is then in about 2 months compare sizes. She should be growing.:)

Yep stress stripes are common in juvi bettas and are nothing to worry about, as adults females will show stress striping far more readily than males depending on their original colours, give them plenty of cover to help them feel safe and they rarely ever show them.

Most reactions

Back