Skimmer for 40 gallon

sigma

Reaction score
I still need to buy a skimmer for my 40 gallon tank. Im in a fix because Iam not sure if I should "trust" the lfs and get the best skimmer they have which is a Seaclone, or try to find one online somewhere. Another one I am looking at online right now is the CPR bakpak skimmer. Is there anything else I should be looking into? I dont plan on doing anything crazy in the tank, just FOWLR for now. thanks

try ebay, good deals. i have a few im looking at... i think the red sea primz is a good one... or sounds good :D

Seaclone and Red sea are a waste of money. Not very efficient skimmers. CPR BAKPAK is O.K., but for a little more, you could get an AquaC Remora. Best low cost skimmer on the market today. I use one on my 20 gal. and it is superb. HTH

Currently I have an Eheim ecco 2234 and an Aquaclear 300 along with two aquaclear powerheads (dont remember the gph rating off hand) but ther are fairly powerful. Is a protein skimmer still a necessity at the moment, or could I get along without it?

You would have to stock your tank lighty. Or you can always build your own skimmer.

a 40 gal. is right on the edge. If you keep your bioload low you could get by without it, but make sure you stick to your water changes religiously.

I have read alot of feedback about CPR's and it seems there were a few complaints about alot of bubbles from the skimmer. is this a serious problem or is there an easy fix for this

When I ran a CPR I had a piece of sponge in the outflow tube, seemed to eliminate alot of the bubbles.

I'm selling my Turboflotor T1000, 6mo old, with a brand new, unopened Oceanrunner 2700 pump. $110 incl. shipping.

I have an opportunity to get a high-end Euroreef skimmer but need to sell this one.

Works very well, but my 75G is heavily stocked (overstocked) and I need a bit more oompf to keep my SPS corals happy.

$110 is a good deal esp with the brand new oceanrunner, which is the upgrade from the rio.

EM me if interested, [email protected]

Most reactions

Back