Silent Filters?

-FighterFishh

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I'm looking for a silent [or very quiet] filter for my new tank, as it's in my bedroom and since it sounds a little different biOrb it's keeping me up. I was wondering what silent/quiet filters you could recommend? In my tank currently is one that came with the tank. I think it's from interpet? I can't really be sure, but it's pretty loud! :lol:
Thanks! :)

i have a fluval 05 series. its pretty quiet although i dont sleep in the sameroom as it.

Okay.
I had heard that Stingray filters are quite quiet? I remember going to see someones tank and asking them if it was even on it was so quiet. Does anyone else have one of those?

Okay.
I had heard that Stingray filters are quite quiet? I remember going to see someones tank and asking them if it was even on it was so quiet. Does anyone else have one of those?
A friend of mine has one of these, when i've been in the same room i can't remember hearing it running but then it is in her kitchen.

Keith.

I have a Aqua Clear 70 HOB and it is very quiet.. I know some people have had problems with these but I think it is all relative to the water level in the tank. I actually have to try to hear mine.

I have 4 eheim pro 2 in my house. 2 in my bedroom and 2 in my brothers and i can't hear them running. These externals might be bigger than what your looking for though.

For a biorb, you need a filter that can deal with the curved sides. In my way of thinking that will limit you to an "internal" filter. The beauty of an internal is that the sounds the filter may be making are completely muffled by the water surrounding the filter. I have never used a small internal but really like the Fluval 4+ filter that I am running in my 40 gallon-long tank. Perhaps one sized for your tank, like a 1+, would work out for you.

Agree with OM47, the small Fluval internals get good reviews from many TFF members and of course an internal underwater will be about as silent as you can get. WD

Most reactions

Back