Sick Betta

kali426

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
one of my males pulled up crook after a text book water change.you just cant please some people :grr: anyway thats the water level ive left him with as he cant seem to swim to the top.his fins work fine,but his body is rigid.he has lost all his color too.been giving him betta fix but i doubt that stuff works.

Attachments

• sik_betta.JPG
    sik_betta.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 37
is he old? have you tested the water? one of mine did that and I re-did the water and after a while he was ok.

Good luck, but he does look poorly! :good:

like i said,i did a text book water change,everything perfect.anyway hes dead so its too late.what annoys me is if the same thing happens to one of my others,i dont know what to do about it.all my meds did nothing.

:huh: dont blame yourself...as you said you tried...it could have been something internal..could have been his age. Hugs :good:

So sorry to hear that. I never trust the weekly water changes. It's killed around four of my fish now, all anabantids. Now Feegle is ill since the water change I did and I was suspicious sine the water smelt different. They flush their systems periodicly (SPL?) and the chemicals they use, although safe for humans, are often fatal to our fish. :( I'm treating Feegle frantically with meds now and a tiny drop of salt. He's spending all his time sleeping in his floating plants. He's only a youngster too. :-( The water change I did once I realised he was ill seems to have helped and he's not looking as bad as before but it's still touch and go. :sad:
P.

Most reactions

Back