Show Off Your Tank!

Except it's in the same spot in both pics.

Where is that blue light coming from???

A really cheesy Marineland LED light bar bubbler thing that Santa bought him. I don't recommend them, the light looks lame & the LED's themselves are practically impossible to hide.

You could try some peat balls to being it down. Much easier on the tank as it works slowly and gently.
I knwo I am not in that convo, but where could I find pear balls? I have look in all of my lfs's and no one has them. The pH is my SA is 8.4! I would like to bring it down but I do not want to use chemicals.

You could try some peat balls to being it down. Much easier on the tank as it works slowly and gently.
I knwo I am not in that convo, but where could I find pear balls? I have look in all of my lfs's and no one has them. The pH is my SA is 8.4! I would like to bring it down but I do not want to use chemicals.

Pear balls ... LOL! Sorry. I think you can actually make them, by using a mesh bag and peat moss that you get at the garden center. Am I right, o knowledgeable ones out there?

Oh wow, I did type pear balls :p I honestly meant peat. I will look into that. I know that my fish aren't in danger being in a pH that high. The pH has always been stable. I would like them to thrive though

What about marimo moss balls? I've heard that they can bring your Ph down as well?

As it sits.. keep changing my mind dont no if i like it.. anyone got any ideas? real plants etc???

Got some rocks to go in bottom left hand corner isnt just a empty space Lol

398741_10150589736850499_657410498_11461157_1345731751_n1.jpg

Was looking for some redmoor but cant find a good shape at a good price! "/ ..and dont no what plants as need ones that are easy to grow because ive only got 1 T8 bulb?????

Plenty of live plants! Try some java fern, anubias, crypts and hygrophila. They're all pretty hardy and should do well in a low tech setup. Adding CO2 and ferts would really help them flourish, though. An amazon sword would look pretty neat in there too, though they do grow pretty large if given the chance. Anubias and java fern need attatching to things, eg wood.

More root-type wood would look great in there :good:

Most reactions

Back