Severum Appreciation Society

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess and Im just guessing, from the 1st pic, male on left, female on the right.

How long have you had them and which fish is taking chunks out of their fins, particularly the (male) sev on the left?

My guess and Im just guessing, from the 1st pic, male on left, female on the right.

How long have you had them and which fish is taking chunks out of their fins, particularly the (male) sev on the left?

Thats what i thought so fingers crossed.

They were in a community tank till last week (bit of a mixed bag) so moved them into a partition on their own and they are fine now.

I agree and from the last picture, it looks to me like the female's breeding tube is down. Or am I seeing things?

I agree and from the last picture, it looks to me like the female's breeding tube is down. Or am I seeing things?

Na think your seeing right, they have been in acommunity tank for AGES, my mrs mentioned they were lip locking etc but i had never seen it so decided to put them in on their own and see what happens. No eggs yet but lots of flirting (as per the video!)

Here's my Sev, Allen.

I got him when he was about an inch long. Now, he's about 7.5 inches and seems to be still growing.
It's the same fish, just taken at different sides of the tank.

Check out the color shift.

allen13009-1.jpg

allen13009.jpg

I guess I'm officially a proud member of this club.

BobRoss

yep youre officially a member of our little sevvy loving family. handsome looking sev youve got there . warm welcome to the severum appreciation society :good:

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Finally a place where I feel like I belong. :shifty:

There's definitely some other sevs on here that make me jealous. Speaking of jealousy, one of my LFS has a pair of rotkeils that are being treated for ich. I sooo wish I had another tank for them. They look sad in their 20long. Oh well, they will make somebody happy some day.

This pinned topic makes me want to make a Severum Appreciation Society shirt.

BobRoss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back