The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I got teased about spending too much money on fish before... but that season is pretty much over, for at least 6 to 8 months... no new tanks to set up in the coming months... I still have a 250 gallon here, but much remodeling need in the area that tank is going into... so, nothing actually happening with that tank in the next 6-8 months... now is the time of year for home repair, outside farm building repairs needed, & pastures to build, fences to put up, gates to buy & install... Food Tilapia to buy & raise...

I still have a few fish I want, that are on notification lists, but it needs to be something "special" before I could justify pulling funds from other projects... I'm hoping all my tanks are stable, & everything is good through the summer... so, sorry, may be pretty boring around here in my aquarium post department for the next 6-8 months

Last edited:
Hello Magnum. It's important to prioritize. Got to focus on those things that you feel are most important. Keep plugging away and when you retire, you can hopefully concentrate on those things that give you the most pleasure.

I used to be very seasonal in my hobby. From October to December, then February to May, I would just keep my fish alive. That was for quite a few years. The fun and projects came between those time periods, when I would work very long days.
Retirement can be sweet, if you have your health.

I got teased about spending too much money on fish before... but that season is pretty much over, for at least 6 to 8 months... no new tanks to set up in the coming months... I still have a 250 gallon here, but much remodeling need in the area that tank is going into... so, nothing actually happening with that tank in the next 6-8 months... now is the time of year for home repair, outside farm building repairs needed, & pastures to build, fences to put up, gates to buy & install... Food Tilapia to buy & raise...

I still have a few fish I want, that are on notification lists, but it needs to be something "special" before I could justify pulling funds from other projects... I'm hoping all my tanks are stable, & everything is good through the summer... so, sorry, may be pretty boring around here in my aquarium post department for the next 6-8 months
I am very glad to be on the other side of that hill. I remember well trying to cram the homestead needs into a part of the year, and that was not a farm we needed to depend on for our livelihood if push ever came to shove.

I think that history is the reason I stay so busy on serial projects. I also think the fish somewhat serve as substitutes for animals we no longer raise.

Part of me is jealous of your chores. A bigger part says no way!

Hey farm boy , your posts will never be boring . Let’s see some barnyard action in the general chat section . I think it’s cooler than beans that you’re on a farm and the inner farmhand in me would like to live vicariously through you .

Most reactions

Back